Here Are 27 Reasons to Celebrate World Smile Day
Remember the cloud shaped like Pooh Bear?
Today is #WorldSmileDay. Between the ongoing crisis in Syria, Hurricane Matthew, stream of shooting and brutality in the world, and the occasional blatant racism projected on the news — staying an informed global citizen can seem like a daunting task. Then heartwarming stories of people sharing humanity and compassion shine through and make the world seem a little brighter.
So in honor of World Smile Day here are 27 reasons to stress a little less, and smile a little more.
1. Orca whales are no longer SeaWorld’s prisoners.
2. There was once a cloud shaped like Pooh Bear.
3. This polar bear is having the best day ever.
6. Enok is smiling thanks to a cleft-palate surgery he thought he couldn’t afford.
7. Hippos love watermelon as much as you.
8. Turning 30 isn’t so bad — Nutmeg the cat just turned 31 and had a low-key party.
9. These women make the comfiest PJs and will never be at risk for sex slavery.
10. This boy is determined to “have birthday parties and learn another language” with Omran.
11. This girl achieved her dreams of playing Squash.
13. So that animals like this, can live long happy lives.
14. The Wizard of Oz came true when this lion, tiger, and bear became BFFs.
16. This girl’s lemonade dreams came true and you can buy it at Whole Foods.
17. And taco trucks are popping up everywhere.
19. Or given away via tiny pantries for all to share.
20. Even tiny hamsters are taking advantage.
21. There’s tiny homes to help homeless veterans.
22. And people opening up their homes to refugees, like these 10,000 in Iceland.
23. There’s still the everyday hero, John Oliver making poverty disappear one medical bill at a time.
24. On a larger scale, the world is getting closer to ending poverty.
25. Which is all great news.
26. If those haven’t made you smile, just remember it’s Friday!
27. And you live in a world where you can take action.
Happy World Smile Day!