- Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to Global Citizen members who are legal residents of Australia (excluding the territories of Australian Capital [ACT] and New South Wales [NSW]), Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States of America who are 18 years of age or older (or of legal age of majority in their country, province, state or territory). Employees of Global Poverty Project, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, internet agencies, suppliers and any other companies engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, municipal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
To participate in the Promotion, you must be a registered member at www.globalcitizen.org. Registration is free. If you are not a registered member, go to www.globalcitizen.org and follow the instructions to register and create a User ID and password. Once you have registered, you will have the opportunity to earn points by participating in various activities at www.globalcitizen.org to take action. Actions may vary and are constantly updated. Actions with no associated costs (“free” to complete), will be featured on the home page, issue pages and reward pages. The points accrued for each action taken may vary per action. You will need to earn a minimum of five (5) points to be eligible to enter a Prize Draw. Some Prize Draws may require more than five (5) points to enter. Recipients of a Global Citizen special invitation email or social media promotion will receive one entry into a specified Prize Draw when they register to become a member at www.globalcitizen.org.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter a Prize Draw: Online entry and internet connection required. Visit www.globalcitizen.org, log in with your User ID and password, click on the Prize Draw you wish to enter and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Points required for entry will automatically be deducted from your account point balance. Limit one entry per Prize Draw per person/email address. If more than one entry is received from the same person/email address for a Prize Draw, only the first entry received will be considered valid.
US residents only. To enter without completing an action and/or earning points on the promotion Website, on a plain piece of 3”x5” paper, hand print your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, age, e-mail address plus three actions you have taken in the previous three (3) months to fight extreme poverty. Mail your entry in an envelope no larger than #10 (business-size envelope) with sufficient postage affixed, to: Global Citizen Rewards, Global Citizen, 594 Broadway, Suite 207, New York, New York 10012. IMPORTANT: You must indicate the Prize Draw you wish to enter in the lower-right hand corner of the outer-mailing envelope. Limit one entry per outer-mailing envelope. Entries must be received on or before deadline date noted on the Website for that Prize Draw. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, postage-due entries or entries not received in time for the random drawing. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Random Drawing: Winner(s) of each Prize Draw will be chosen at random immediately following the Prize Draw’s entry deadline from among all eligible entries received for the respective Prize Draw. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each Prize Draw.
- Winner Notification: An Entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize, even if the winning notification should so indicate, unless and until (i) the Entrant’s eligibility has been verified, (ii) all requirements determined by the Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize have been fulfilled and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete.
Potential winner(s) will be notified via email within 24 hours (including Saturday, Sundays and Holidays) after the close of each Prize Draw. The required response to such notification/Prize Acceptance form (see below) must be received within 48 hours from the time the initial email notification was sent or potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected, time permitting. If a Potential Winner cannot be reached or does not respond within specified time frame, is found to be ineligible, or declines to accept the prize, the Potential Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate Potential Winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
If a prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian. If an Entrant is under the age of majority, then he/she must obtain prior consent from his/her parent or legal guardian to enter and the parent or legal guardian may be required to verify the granting of consent and/or sign a release at the discretion of the Sponsor. Failure of an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian to verify consent and/or sign a release will invalidate an Entrant’s Entry.
Additional Rules for Canadian Residents: Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill question administered online/by mail/via telephone, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, prior to award of a prize.
Prize Acceptance Form: As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to complete and return to Sponsor a Prize Acceptance Form via email as detailed above.
- Prize(s): Prize consists of two tickets (for winner and one guest) to the Global Citizen Reward event/concert/show/performance (Reward) specified for the appropriate Prize Draw. Approximate Retail Value or Market Price of a Prize will range from $60 to $400 USD depending on the Rewards Event; $78 to $523 AUD: $79 to $533 CAD; €56 to €375 EUR; £48 to £321 GBP. (All conversion rates are based on rates available on the date these rules were written and are subject to change and exclude any Value Added Tax (“VAT”).) NO TRANSPORTATION OR ACCOMMODATIONS INCLUDED. All Reward tickets are subject to terms and conditions regarding use, as printed thereon, including age restrictions. Ticket delivery options may vary by event; instructions for ticket delivery will be provided to verified winners at time of notification. The Prize Winner is solely responsible for paying all costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein, including without limitation, shipping and (if applicable) taxes as well as any transportation to and from the event. The ARV of the Prize is subject to change based on current market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. All prizes will be awarded if the number of eligible entries received equals or exceeds the number of prizes offered.
Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. All applicable federal, state and local taxes/duties on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any unclaimed, lost, mutilated or stolen Reward event ticket prizes; nor will said prizes be replaced. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of a Reward Event or issues arising from venue operation and management. In the event Reward is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes per Prize Draw be awarded. The Sponsor and/or any other relevant party reserve the right to remove or deny entry to the winner and/or guest of winner who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any event or at any prize-related venue. All details of prizes not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
- General: If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the Entrant may be declared null and void. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant. Entrants/winners and parent/legal guardian (if entrant/winner is a minor in the jurisdiction where he/she resides) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and any of their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are binding and final. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prizes.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor, Administrator, prize providers and their designees to use, for promotional purposes in any type of media without further payment or consideration, entrant’s name, likeness, city and state of residence, and any written or oral comments or testimonials to, or other feedback on, any prize or entrant’s experience.
- NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prize Draws offered. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the Global Citizen account that corresponds to the email address. Any damage made to the Website by an Entrant will be the responsibility of the Entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to freeze or close an account or to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Except where prohibited by law, this promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with A Prize Draw, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Prize Draw, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Prize Draw, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Prize Draw), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Winners / Rules: A copy of these Official Rules or a list of winners will be available at www.globalcitizen.org.
- Sponsor/Promoter: Global Poverty Project, Inc. d/b/a Global Citizen, 594 Broadway, Suite 207, New York, NY 10012.
- Miscellaneous: In the event of any conflict between the English version of these Official Rules and any translation, the English version shall prevail. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall not affect in any way the validity and enforceability of any other provision in these Official Rules.
- Copyright Notice: The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2012-2017 Global Poverty Project, Inc. All Rights Reserved.