NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to Global Citizen members who are legal residents of Australia (subject to specific conditions in the territories of Australian Capital [ACT] and New South Wales [NSW] set forth in Section 4), Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Kingdom of Lesotho, Kingdom of eSwatini (Swaziland), Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of South Africa, United Kingdom, Nigeria, India, Mexico, and the United States of America who are 18 years of age or older (or of legal age of majority in their country, province, state or territory). Participants who are minors in their jurisdiction of residence must have parental consent to participate in this Promotion, and must be able to provide proof of such consent at Sponsor’s request at any time during or prior to prize award. There may be prize draws that are subject to additional age restrictions that will be applicable for certain Prizes as required by laws or regulations of the applicable jurisdiction(s). Employees of Global Poverty Project, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, internet agencies, suppliers and any other companies engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, municipal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to add and/or delete from the countries eligible to participate at its sole discretion.
To participate in the Promotion, you must be a registered member at www.globalcitizen.org. Registration is free. If you are not a registered member, go to www.globalcitizen.org and follow the instructions to register and create a User ID and password. Once you have registered, you will have the opportunity to earn points by participating in various activities at www.globalcitizen.org to take action. Examples of actions include, but are not limited to, signing up with Global Citizen, tweeting, sending an email or calling a decision maker, signing a petition, uploading a photo or video to Instagram or Twitter, taking a quiz on a Global Citizen issue, and checking in at a designated location to support a Global Citizen campaign. Point values can range from 1-50 or more. Actions may vary and are constantly updated. All actions have no associated costs (“free” to complete), and will be featured on the home page, issue pages and reward pages. The points accrued for each action taken may vary per action. You will need to earn a minimum of five (5) points to be eligible to enter a Reward Promotion, unless eligible through completion of an Action Entry. Some Reward Promotions may require more than five (5) points to enter. Recipients of a Global Citizen special invitation email or social media promotion will receive one entry into a specified Reward Promotion when they register to become a member at www.globalcitizen.org.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sponsors may in their sole discretion amend these Official Rules at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Official Rules on the Website. The Official Rules may be amended from time to time in accordance with the terms relating to any amendment/s contained therein
2. How to Enter a Reward Promotion: Online entry and internet connection required. During the Promotion Period visit www.globalcitizen.org, log in with your User ID and password, click on the Reward Promotion you wish to enter and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Points required for entry will automatically be deducted from your account point balance. Limit one entry per Reward Promotion per person/email address. If more than one entry is received from the same person/email address for a Reward Promotion, and Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that such additional entries were made inadvertently, only the first entry received will be considered valid.
With respect to an Action Entry, the Entrant will be required to complete one (1) or more actions in order to enter a Reward Promotion. A Reward Promotion made available via Action Entry may allow for the selection of a Prize Reward from one (1) or more Prizes. Completion of an Action Entry shall only allow an Entrant to enter into one (1) Prize Reward unless otherwise explicitly specified within the Reward Promotion selected. An Entrant entering a Reward Promotion through completion of an Action Entry shall not be eligible to enter the same Reward Promotion by redemption of points.
US residents only. To enter without completing an action and/or earning points and/or completing an Action Entry on the promotion Website, on a plain piece of 3”x5” paper, hand print your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, age, e-mail address plus three actions you have taken in the previous three (3) months to fight extreme poverty. Mail Mail your entry in an envelope no larger than #10 (business-size envelope) with sufficient postage affixed, to: Global Citizen Rewards, Global Citizen, 594 Broadway, Suite 207, New York, New York 10012. IMPORTANT: You must indicate the Reward Promotion you wish to enter (written exactly as it appears on the Rewards image) in the lower-right hand corner of the outer-mailing envelope. Limit one entry per outer-mailing envelope. Entries must be received on or before 9:00 PM GMT on the deadline date noted on the Website for that Reward Promotion. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, postage-due entries or entries not received in time for the random drawing (or, in the case of an Australia Promotion, the selection process as set forth in Section 4). All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Random Drawing: Except as set forth in Section 4, winner(s) of each Reward Promotion will be chosen by Sponsor at 594 Broadway, Suite 207, New York, NY 10012, via random computer generation, within 24 hours following the Reward Promotion’s entry deadline from among all eligible entries received for the respective Reward Promotion. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each Reward Promotion.
4. Reward Promotions in Australia: For Reward Promotions which are (i) held in the Australian Capital Territory and/or New South Wales or (ii) available to legal residents of the Australian Capital Territory and/or New South Wales (the “Australia Promotions”) as stated on the webpages for such Reward Promotions, winner(s) of each Australia Promotion will not be randomly selected and, in addition to entering into the promotion as set forth in Section 2, all Entrants to such Australia Promotion must also complete a response to the question “What does it mean to you to be a Global Citizen?” (in this context, a “Global Citizen” means “believing that extreme poverty and all of its related symptoms and causes can be eliminated if enough people take action” with reference to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as the roadmap to achieve this) or other questions as stated on the webpage for such Australia Promotion. Responses to such question(s) will be evaluated and scored by the Sponsor based on three evaluation categories: Adherence/Appropriateness, Uniqueness, Originality, which will take place after the end date of such Australia Promotion as stated on its webpage. Entrant(s) whose response(s) receive the highest score(s) will be selected as the winner(s). The Sponsor’s decision as to the winner(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Winner Notification: An Entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize, even if the winning notification should so indicate, unless and until (i) the Entrant’s eligibility has been verified (which may include a background check), (ii) all requirements determined by the Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize have been fulfilled and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete.
Potential winner(s) will be notified via email within 24 hours (including Saturday, Sundays and Holidays), or within a reasonable period in the case of an Australia Promotion, after the close of each Reward Promotion. The required response to such notification/Prize Acceptance form (see below) must be received within 48 hours from the time the initial email notification was sent or potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected, time permitting. If a Potential Winner cannot be reached or does not respond within specified time frame, is found to be ineligible, or declines to accept the prize, the Potential Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate Potential Winner in a random drawing (or, in the case of an Australia Promotion, through the selection process as set forth in Section 4) from remaining eligible entries. By entering, Entrant agrees to cooperate fully with any such background check, and to execute and deliver to the Sponsor or its agents, any and all required authorizations and approvals necessary to conduct said background check. Failure to cooperate will result in disqualification. If any background check indicates, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, that the potential winner poses a danger to or may harm the reputation of any person or entity involved in the Promotion, Sponsor may disqualify said winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
If a prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian. If an Entrant is under the age of majority, then he/she must obtain prior consent from his/her parent or legal guardian to enter and the parent or legal guardian may be required to verify the granting of consent and/or sign a release at the discretion of the Sponsor. Failure of an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian to verify consent and/or sign a release will invalidate an Entrant’s Entry. Winners under 18 years of age must be accompanied during any video chat by a parent or legal guardian as their guest who must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18).
Additional Rules for Canadian Residents: Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill question administered online/by mail/via telephone, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, prior to award of a prize.
Prize Acceptance Form: As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to complete and return to Sponsor a Prize Acceptance Form via email as detailed above.
6. Prize(s): Prize consists of two tickets (for winner and one guest) to the Global Citizen Reward event/concert/show/performance or as otherwise specified for the appropriate Reward Promotion. Approximate Retail Value or Market Price of a Prize will range from approximately US$60-$400 depending on the Rewards Event [A$80-$537]; [C$82-$544]; [€55-€368]; [£47-310]; [ZAR 830-5580];[N21780.00-145200] (All conversion rates are based on rates available on the date these rules were written and are subject to change and exclude any Value Added Tax (“VAT”).) NO TRANSPORTATION OR ACCOMMODATIONS INCLUDED. All Reward tickets are subject to terms and conditions regarding use, as printed thereon, including age restrictions. Ticket delivery options may vary by event; instructions for ticket delivery will be provided to verified winners via email at time of notification. Ticket delivery methods include, but are not limited to, online ticketing systems and will-call ticket pickup. Any and all transportation and accommodations associated with prize redemption will not be provided by Sponsor and each Prize Winner will be solely responsible for paying all costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein, including without limitation, transportation to and from the event and (if applicable) any taxes. The ARV of the Prize is subject to change based on current market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. All prizes will be awarded if the number of eligible entries received equals or exceeds the number of prizes offered. A Reward Promotion may consist of a Sponsor-specified video chat through Webex for the winner with an artist or celebrity talent, to be scheduled at a date and for a duration as specified by the Sponsor, based on the artist's or celebrity’s availability or as otherwise determined for the appropriate Prize Draw. Winners must have access to Webex or other applicable video sharing platform; by downloading an application or using the Webex video sharing platform for purposes of streaming a Reward Event, winners must acknowledge consent to the application’s Terms of Service and all other applicable terms and conditions.
Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. Winner hereby acknowledges and agrees that each Prize is non-transferable and non-salable, and may only be substituted by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize cannot be exchanged/substituted for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. The winner of a Prize cannot screenshot, photograph, videorecord or in any way record the experience related to such Prize for distribution purposes of any kind. All applicable federal, state and local taxes/duties on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any unclaimed, lost, mutilated or stolen Reward event ticket prizes; nor will said prizes be replaced. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of a Reward Event or issues arising from venue operation and management. In the event Reward is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes per Reward Promotion be awarded. Winners are expected to conduct themselves appropriately while participating in any video chat. Polite manners and respect for the artists and/or celebrities and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must. The Sponsor and/or any other relevant party reserve the right to remove or deny entry to the winner and/or guest of winner who engages in a non-sportsman like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any event or at any prize-related venue. All details of prizes not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
7. General: If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the Entrant may be declared null and void. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant. Entrants/winners and parent/legal guardian (if entrant/winner is a minor in the jurisdiction where he/she resides) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor and any of its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers (including the artists and celebrities offering the video chats) and any other organizations responsible for, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decision of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. If any provision of these rules is invalid under the law, rules or regulations of a particular country, it will only apply to the extent permitted. In addition to the tax liability disclosures in these rules, winners are subject to abide by the income reporting and, if applicable, the payment of any taxes due per the laws, rules and regulations of the winners’ country of residence. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For German Residents only:
i. Sponsor shall be fully liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for damages caused by injury to life, body or health caused by Sponsor.
ii. In an event of slight negligence, Sponsor shall be liable only for breaches of a material contractual obligation (cardinal duty). A “cardinal duty” in the meaning of this provision is an obligation whose fulfillment makes the implementation of this contract possible in the first place and on the fulfillment of which the contractual partner may therefore generally rely.
iii. In a case according to Clause (ii), Sponsor shall not be liable for any lack of commercial success, lost profits, non-foreseeable damages and indirect damages.
iv. Liability in accordance with the above Clauses (ii) and (iii) shall be limited to the typical and foreseeable damages, however, the liability amount shall not exceed €2,500.
v. The limitation of liability shall apply mutatis mutandis to the benefit of the employees, agents and vicarious agents of Sponsor.
vi. Any further liability as stipulated for herein shall be excluded. However, any potential liability on the part of Sponsor for any warranties and for claims based on the German Product Liability Act or any other such mandatory liability obligation prescribed by law shall not be affected.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrants’ and his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s (if Entrant is a minor in the jurisdiction where he/she resides) (collectively, “Granting Persons”) consent for the Sponsor, prize providers and their designees to use, for promotional purposes in any type of media without further payment or consideration, Granting Persons' names, likeness, cities and states of residence, any written or oral comments or testimonials to, or other feedback on, any prize or Granting Person’s experience, and any user generated content, including, without limitation, audio, photographs and still images, and video content (“UGC”). For the avoidance of doubt, each Granting Person hereby grants to Sponsor, and Sponsor hereby accepts, a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, royalty-free and sublicensable right and license to use and display UGC in connection with Sponsor’s advocacy efforts. Sponsor shall have the right to use audio recordings, video recordings and/or screenshots of the Prize experience in connection with Sponsor’s advocacy efforts.
9. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing (or, in the case of an Australia Promotion, through the selection process as set forth in Section 4) from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Reward Promotions offered. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the Global Citizen account that corresponds to the email address. Any damage made to the Website by an Entrant will be the responsibility of the Entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to freeze or close an account or to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Except where prohibited by law, this promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with A Reward Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Reward Promotion, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Reward Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Reward Promotion), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
13. Winners / Rules: A copy of these Official Rules or a list of winners will be available at www.globalcitizen.org/rewards/winners/.
14. Sponsor/Promoter: Global Poverty Project, Inc. d/b/a Global Citizen, 594 Broadway, Suite 207, New York, NY 10012. All Promotion queries must be directed to the Global Citizen Rewards Team at email@example.com.
15. Miscellaneous: In the event of any conflict between the English version of these Official Rules and any translation, the English version shall prevail. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall not affect in any way the validity and enforceability of any other provision in these Official Rules.
16. Copyright Notice: The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2012-2020 Global Poverty Project, Inc. All Rights Reserved.