NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, AND CONNECTICUT.
VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These are the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Global Citizen SAVE THE DATE campaign (the “Promotion”) which is comprised of one individual Reward random prize drawing (the “Reward”). Entry into the Reward drawing is limited to registered members of www.globalcitizen.org (each a “Global Citizen”) who are residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut and eighteen (18) years of age or older.
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to residents of New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut, who are at least 18 years of age, and Global Citizen members at time of entry. Employees of Global Poverty Project, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, internet agencies, suppliers and any other companies engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion, and any other broadcasters, networks, and/or platforms exhibiting Global Citizen Festival (collectively, “Exhibition Entities”), and each such employee’s immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. For the Reward drawing, employees of additional entities and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are also ineligible to enter or win a prize. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where restricted and prohibited by law. Sponsor (as defined below) reserves the right to add and/or delete from the the list of Rewards, at its sole discretion. The Exhibition Entities are neither a sponsor of this Promotion nor have any responsibilities regarding its conduct, administration, or fulfillment.
To participate, you must be a registered member at www.globalcitizen.org. Registration is free. If you are not a registered member, go to www.globalcitizen.org and follow the instructions to register and create a free User ID and password. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms & Conditions including all eligibility requirements and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sponsor may in its sole discretion amend these Terms & Conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Terms & Conditions on the Global Citizen Website.
2. Timing: The Promotion entry period begins on June 15, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. EST and ends on July 10, 2023 at 11:59:59 pm GMT. See Section 6 below for entry deadline dates/times for each Reward’s random drawing. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
3. Here’s How to Enter the Reward drawing: Registered Global Citizens will have the opportunity to earn points by participating in various activities to take action via the Global Citizen App (the “App”) through the Action Sprint for Global Citizen Festival 2023 Challenge (the “Sprint Challenge”). Upon completion of the Sprint Challenge after completing a number of actions, participants will be able to enter a Reward drawing at a cost of twenty-five (25) points. Examples of actions include, but not necessarily limited to, signing a petition to support a Global Citizen campaign. Actions may vary and are constantly updated. All actions have no associated costs (i.e., there is no cost to complete any action), and will be featured on the Global Citizen Website and App. Point values will vary per action and can range from 1-50 or more.
To enter a Reward drawing, during the Promotion Period, visit https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/sprint/action-sprint-for-global-citizen-festival-2023, log in with your Global Citizen User ID and password, click on the Reward drawing you wish to enter and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Points required for entry will automatically be deducted from your account point balance.
Limit one (1) entry per Reward drawing per person/email address, regardless of method of entry.
4. Winner Selection: Winners for each Reward will be determined in a random drawing within twenty-four (24) hours following the entry deadline from among all eligible entries received for each Reward drawing. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each Reward drawing.
5. Winner Notification: An entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize, even if the winning notification should so indicate, unless and until (i) the entrant’s eligibility has been verified (which may include a background check), (ii) all requirements determined by the Sponsor to claim his/her prize have been fulfilled and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete.
Potential winner(s) will be notified via email. Potential winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal (collectively “Documents”) and return these completed Documents within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. Potential winners and their guests may be required to execute additional documentation (e.g., a waiver) prior to participation. Winners may be required to complete a W9 form and provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prize is awarded for tax reporting purposes; winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for any prize received that is valued at $600 or more. If winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner as set forth herein. Such parent or legal guardian may also be required to accompany minor winner to the Reward event. Failure of an entrant’s parent or legal guardian to verify consent and/or sign a release will invalidate such entrant’s entry. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within the specified time frame, is found to be ineligible, declines to accept the prize, or if a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate, time permitting.
A background check of winner and/or guest may be required for certain Reward prizes. Entry into a Reward drawing constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential winner shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify a potential winner based on the results of the background check or for failure to properly authorize such check.
6. Prizes: The following prizes are available to be won. Prizes include only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. NO TRANSPORTATION OR ACCOMMODATIONS INCLUDED. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prizes stated herein is based on available information provided to Sponsor at time of publication.
Two (2) Ultimate VIP Tickets (for one winner and one guest) to Global Citizen Festival NYC.
General Conditions for All Prizes: The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the prize claim Documents. Specifics for all elements of a prize shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. All prize tickets/passes are subject to the terms and conditions regarding use, as printed thereon, including age restrictions and any requirements of the facility hosting the event. Ticket delivery options may vary by event; instructions for ticket delivery will be provided to verified winners via email at time of notification. Ticket delivery methods include, but are not limited to, online ticketing systems and will-call ticket pickup. Any and all transportation and accommodations associated with prize acceptance, redemption and usage will not be provided by Sponsor and each prize winner will be solely responsible for paying all costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein, including without limitation, accommodations and transportation to and from a Reward event. All applicable federal, state and local taxes on a prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of a prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners are responsible for obtaining and possessing all required valid photo ID and travel documents, as applicable. Winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, unless guest is winner’s child. The approximate retail value of a prize is subject to change based on current market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. Ticket prizes may not be resold, offered for resale, or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in ticket(s) being voided. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the applicable Releasee, who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. The Releasees are not responsible for any unclaimed, lost, mutilated or stolen ticket prizes; nor will said prizes be replaced. The Releasees are not responsible for postponement or cancellation of a Reward event or issues arising from venue operation and management. The components of a Reward are subject to change based on local health and safety guidelines at the time of the event. In the event a Reward event is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the Releasees will have no further obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes per Reward be awarded. The Sponsor, applicable Releasees and/or any other relevant party reserve the right to remove or deny entry to the winner and/or guest of winner who engages in a non-sportsman like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any event or at any prize-related venue. All details of prizes not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor, and will be provided to the winner at time of prize notification. In no event will the Releasees provide any additional compensation to any entrant other than the prize offered as stated herein.
7. General: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and its agents, which are final and binding. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that entrant. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotion materials and these Terms & Conditions, the Terms & Conditions shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
8. Release: Entrants/winners and parent/legal guardian (if entrant/winner is a minor in the jurisdiction where he/she resides) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Exhibition Entities, and any of their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, prize suppliers, and any other organizations responsible for, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this promotion or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of a prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to this promotion. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in this promotion constitutes entrants’ and his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s (if entrant is a minor in the jurisdiction where he/she resides) (collectively, “Granting Persons”) consent for the Sponsor, prize providers and their designees to use, for promotional purposes in any type of media without further payment or consideration, Granting Persons' names, likeness, cities and states of residence, any written or oral comments or testimonials to, or other feedback on, any prize or Granting Person’s experience, and any user generated content, including, without limitation, audio, photographs and still images, and video content (“UGC”). For the avoidance of doubt, each Granting Person hereby grants to Sponsor, and Sponsor hereby accepts, a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, royalty-free and sublicensable right and license to use and display UGC in connection with Sponsor’s advocacy efforts, subject to any applicable third-party approvals. Sponsor shall have the right to use audio recordings, video recordings and/or screenshots of the Prize experience in connection with Sponsor’s advocacy efforts, subject to any applicable third-party approvals.
10. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Rewards offered. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the Global Citizen account that corresponds to the email address. Any damage made to the Global Citizen Website or App by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to freeze or close an account or to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Except where prohibited by law, this promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this promotion), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall not affect in any way the validity and enforceability of any other provision in these Official Rules.
14. Winners: A list of winners will be available at www.globalcitizen.org/rewards/winners/ after winners have been verified.
15. Sponsor/Promoter: Global Poverty Project, Inc. d/b/a Global Citizen, 740 Broadway, Suite 400, New York, NY 10003 is the sole sponsor of the Promotion. All Promotion queries must be directed to the Global Citizen Rewards Team at email@example.com.