TERMS & CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
PARTICIPATION LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF FRANCE VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ANY ADVERTISEMENT RELATING THERETO IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY BY RESIDENTS OF FRANCE AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO AND GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS GIVEAWAY IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH BELOW.
1. Eligibility: This Global Citizen Power Our Planet: Live in Paris! Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to residents of France who are at least 18 years of age, and Global Citizen members at time of entry. Employees of Global Poverty Project, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, internet agencies, suppliers and any other companies engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion, and each such employee’s immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
To participate, you must be a registered member (a “Member”) at www.globalcitizen.org (the “Website”). Registration is free. If you are not a registered member, go to www.globalcitizen.org and follow the instructions to register and create a free User ID and password.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms & Conditions including all eligibility requirements and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sponsor may in its sole discretion amend these Terms & Conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Terms & Conditions on the Website.
2. Timing: This Promotion’s entry period begins on May 23, 2023 and ends on June 15, 2023 at 23:59:59 CEST(the “Promotion Period”), and is comprised of three (3) distinct drawings, as follows:
Starts on or about 00:00 CEST(start of day) on
Ends on or about 23:59 CEST
May 23, 2023
June 1, 2023
5,000 pairs of tickets
June 2, 2023
|June 8, 2023|
*At least 2,500 pairs of tickets
June 9, 2023
June 15, 2023
*At least 500 pairs of tickets
The Global Citizen platform is the official timekeeper for this Promotion.
*In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries is received to award prizes for drawing #1 or #2, or if prizes for drawing #1 or #2 are unclaimed, the unclaimed prizes will be added to the next subsequent drawing.
In addition to the prizes distributed by the separate draws described above, there shall additionally be a minimum of three (3) instant win opportunities (each an “Instant Win Opportunity”), where Members will be able to take a specific action on the Website or use a certain amount of points to instantly win a prize. Members that receive tickets through an Instant Win Opportunity (an “Instant Winner”) are separate and aside from entrants that receive tickets at the end of each draw as described above (a “Draw Winner”) (winner, as used herein, shall refer to both a Draw Winner and Instant Winner).
There shall be at least 150 pairs of tickets available per Instant Win Opportunity. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries is received for an Instant Win Opportunity, the unclaimed prizes will be added to the next subsequent Instant Win Opportunity.
3. How to Enter a Drawing or Instant Win Opportunity:
4. Winner Selection: Draw Winners for each drawing will be determined in a random drawing by the Sponsor at their offices in New York USA (via random computer generation) within twenty-four (24) hours following each drawing’s entry deadline date. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each drawing.
Instant winners shall be determined immediately upon participating in an Instant Win Opportunity, on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no guarantee that a Reward a Member sees will still be available when the Member seeks to claim the Reward.
5. Winner Notification: An entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize, even if the winning notification should so indicate, unless and until (i) the entrant’s eligibility has been verified, (ii) all requirements determined by the Sponsor to claim his/her prize have been fulfilled and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete. Potential Draw Winner(s) will be notified by the Sponsor via email within 24 hours following each drawing with instructions on how to claim a prize/reward. Potential winners must respond within 48 hours from the time the initial email notification was sent. If a potential prize winner (a) cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made (in Sponsor’s sole discretion); or (b) fails to properly respond within the time specified within the notification email; or (c) refuses the prize; or (d) the prize or prize notification is rejected or returned as undeliverable, then such potential prize winner will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to be deemed the winner and the unclaimed prize will be added to the next available drawing (with the exception of drawing #3, where an alternate potential prize winner will be selected, time permitting). Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. Prizes/Rewards: At least eight thousand (8,000) prizes are available to be won (per the chart in Section 2 above). Each prize consists of a pair of general admission tickets to the Global Citizen Power our Planet: Live in Paris! in Paris, France on June 22, 2023 (“Reward Event”). NO TRANSPORTATION OR ACCOMMODATIONS INCLUDED. There is no retail value associated with this Reward. Limit one prize per person per drawing.
General Conditions for All Prizes: All prize tickets are subject to the terms and conditions regarding use, as printed thereon, including age restrictions and any requirements of the Reward Event operator. Instructions for ticket delivery will be provided to verified winners via email at time of notification. Ticket delivery methods include, but are not limited to, online ticketing systems and will-call ticket pickup. Any and all transportation and accommodations associated with prize acceptance, redemption and usage will not be provided by Sponsor and each prize winner will be solely responsible for paying all costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein, including without limitation, accommodations and transportation to and from theReward Event. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes on a prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of a prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners are responsible for obtaining and possessing all required valid photo ID and travel documents, as applicable. Winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, unless guest is winner’s child. Ticket may not be resold, offered for resale, or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in ticket(s) being voided. No substitution, cash substitution, or transfer of prize permitted by winner. The Releasees are not responsible for any unclaimed, lost, mutilated or stolen ticket prizes; nor will said prizes be replaced. The Releasees are not responsible for postponement or cancellation of the Reward Event or for issues arising from venue operation and management. This Reward Event is subject to change based on local health and safety guidelines leading up to/at the time of the event. In the event the Reward Event is cancelled, modified or postponed for any reason, the Releasees will have no further obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. The Sponsor, Releasees and/or any other relevant party reserve the right to remove or deny entry to the winner and/or guest of winner who engages in a non-sportsman like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the Event or at any prize-related venue. All Reward details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor, and will be provided to the winner at time of prize notification. In no event will the Releasees provide any additional compensation to any entrant other than the prize offered as stated herein.
7. General: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and its agents, which are final and binding. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that entrant. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotion materials and these Terms & Conditions, the Terms & Conditions shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
8. Release: Entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, and any of its/their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, prize suppliers, and any other organizations responsible for, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this promotion or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of a prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to this promotion. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. This release does not apply to claims for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the Sponsor.
Additional Rules for French Residents Only (to the extent these terms conflict with any other terms contained herein, the following terms shall govern):
Sponsor shall be liable only for such damages as were foreseen or could have been foreseen at the time of conclusion of the contract, except where the non-performance is due to gross negligence or willful misconduct (faute lourde ou dolosive) by Sponsor. Sponsor shall be fully liable in the event of personal injury (dommage corporel) and/or gross negligence or willful misconduct by Sponsor. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings and indirect or consequential loss. The limitation of liability shall apply mutatis mutandis to the benefit of the employees, agents and vicarious agents of Sponsor. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to any mandatory liability obligation which cannot legally be limited.
Additional Rules for German Residents Only (to the extent these terms conflict with any other terms contained herein, the following terms shall govern):
Sponsor shall be fully liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for damages caused by injury to life, body or health caused by Sponsor. In the event of slight negligence, Sponsor shall be liable only for breaches of a material contractual obligation (cardinal duty). A “cardinal duty” in the meaning of this provision is an obligation whose fulfillment makes the implementation of this contract possible in the first place and on the fulfillment of which the contractual partner may therefore generally rely. In a case according to this subparagraph, Sponsor shall not be liable for any lack of commercial success, lost profits, non-foreseeable damages and indirect damages. Liability in accordance with this subparagraph shall be limited to the typical and foreseeable damages, and the liability amount shall not exceed €2,500. The limitation of liability shall apply mutatis mutandis to the benefit of the employees, agents and vicarious agents of Sponsor. Any further liability as stipulated for herein shall be excluded. However, any potential liability on the part of Sponsor for any warranties and for claims based on the German Product Liability Act or any other such mandatory liability obligation prescribed by law shall not be affected.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in this Promotion constitutes entrant’s and their guest’s (“Granting Person”) consent for the Sponsor, prize providers and their designees to use, for promotional purposes in any type of media without further payment or consideration, Granting Person’s name, likeness, any written or oral comments or testimonials to, or other feedback on, any prize or experience, and any user generated content, including, without limitation, audio, photographs and still images, and video content (“UGC”). For the avoidance of doubt, each Granting Person hereby grants to Sponsor, and Sponsor hereby accepts, a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, royalty-free and sublicensable right and license to use and display UGC in connection with Sponsor’s advocacy efforts, subject to any applicable third-party approvals. Sponsor shall have the right to use audio recordings, video recordings and/or screenshots of the Prize experience in connection with Sponsor’s advocacy efforts, subject to any applicable third-party approvals .
10. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes/ Rewards offered. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the Global Citizen account that corresponds to the email address. Any damage made to the Website by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to freeze or close an account or to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Except where prohibited by law, this promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York. If any provision of these rules is invalid under French law, rules or regulations, it will only apply to the extent permitted.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this promotion), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall not affect in any way the validity and enforceability of any other provision in these Official Rules.
14. Winners: A list of winners will be available at www.globalcitizen.org/rewards/winners/ after winners have been verified.
15. Sponsor/Promoter: Global Poverty Project, Inc. d/b/a Global Citizen, 740 Broadway, Suite 400, New York, NY 10003 is the sole sponsor of this Promotion. All Promotion queries must be directed to the Global Citizen Contact Form at https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/enquiries/contact-us/.