NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry (or who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry for certain Prize Draws as specified on the Website). Participants who are minors in their jurisdiction of residence must have parental consent to participate in this Promotion, and must be able to provide proof of such consent at Sponsor’s request at any time during or prior to a Reward. There may be Prize Draws that are subject to additional age restrictions that will be applicable for certain Rewards as required by laws or regulations of the applicable jurisdiction(s). Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, internet agencies, suppliers and any other companies engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, municipal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to add the countries eligible to participate at its sole discretion.
During the Promotion Period, you will have the opportunity to check your U.S. voter registration status for each Prize Draw at www.globalcitizen.org/justvote/ (or complete certain actions as specified on the Website). Upon checking your U.S. voter registration status for a Prize Draw (or completing certain actions as specified on the Website), you will be eligible to enter into such Prize Draw. Checking your U.S. voter registration status for each Prize Draw (or completing certain actions as specified on the Website) has no associated costs (“free” to complete), and will be featured on the home page, issue pages and reward pages. Recipients of a Global Citizen special invitation email or social media promotion will receive one entry into a specified Prize Draw when they register to become a member at www.globalcitizen.org. Global Citizen members who receive a special Global Citizen action entry email can enter into a specified Prize Draw when they complete certain actions as specified in such email.
Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to the Terms and Conditions including all eligibility requirements and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a Reward is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sponsors may in their sole discretion amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Terms and Conditions on the Website. The Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time in accordance with the terms relating to any amendment/s contained therein.
2. How to Enter a Prize Draw: Online entry and internet connection required. During the Promotion Period visit www.globalcitizen.org, click on the Prize Draw you wish to enter and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Limit one entry per Prize Draw per person/email address. If more than one entry is received from the same person/email address for a Prize Draw, and Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that such additional entries were made inadvertently, only the first entry received will be considered valid. The Entrant will be required to enter his/her information to check his/her U.S. voter registration status (or complete certain actions as specified on the Website) in order to enter a Prize Draw. Completion of checking U.S. voter registration status for a Prize Draw (or certain actions as specified on the Website) shall allow an Entrant to enter into only such Prize Draw.
To enter without checking U.S. voter registration status (or completing any actions) on the promotion Website, in an email, enter your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, age, e-mail address plus three actions you have taken in the previous three (3) months to fight extreme poverty. Send your email to email@example.com. IMPORTANT: Your email’s subject line must indicate the name of the Prize Draw you wish to enter (entered in the email exactly as it appears on the Rewards image). Failure to follow the instructions as indicated above will result in disqualification. Limit one entry per email. Entries must be received on or before 9:00 PM GMT on the deadline date noted on the Website for that Prize Draw. Not responsible for late, illegible, misdirected entries or entries not received in time for the random drawing. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
3. Random Drawing: Winner(s) of each Prize Draw will be chosen by Sponsor at 594 Broadway, Suite 207, New York, NY 10012, via random computer generation, within 24 hours following the Prize Draw’s entry deadline from among all eligible entries received for the respective Prize Draw. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each Prize Draw.
4. Winner Notification: An Entrant is not deemed a winner of any Reward, even if the winning notification should so indicate, unless and until (i) the Entrant’s eligibility has been verified (which may include a background check), (ii) all requirements determined by the Sponsor in order to claim his/her Reward have been fulfilled and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete.
Pending a positive outcome of an initial confirmation process, potential winner(s) will be notified via email within a reasonable time after the close of each Prize Draw. The required response to such notification/Reward Acceptance Form (see below) must be received within 48 hours from the time the initial email notification was sent or potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected, time permitting. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within the specified time frame, is found to be ineligible, or declines to accept the Reward, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries. By entering, Entrant agrees to cooperate fully with any such background check, and to execute and deliver to the Sponsor or its agents, any and all required authorizations and approvals necessary to conduct said background check. Failure to cooperate will result in disqualification. If any background check indicates, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, that the potential winner poses a danger to or may harm the reputation of any person or entity involved in the Promotion, Sponsor may disqualify said winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
If a Reward is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian. If an Entrant is under the age of majority, then he/she must obtain prior consent from his/her parent or legal guardian to enter and the parent or legal guardian may be required to verify the granting of consent and/or sign a release at the discretion of the Sponsor. Failure of an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian to verify consent and/or sign a release will invalidate an Entrant’s Entry. Winners under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian as their guest who must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) if the Reward involves video chat or other elements that require such accompanying by applicable laws.
Reward Acceptance Form: As a condition of being awarded any Reward, winners will be required to complete and return to Sponsor a Reward Acceptance Form via email as detailed above.
5. Prize: Global Citizen “Just Vote” Rewards consist of video chats with artists or celebrity talents, gated performances by artists or celebrity talents, signed merchandise by artists or celebrity talents, or as otherwise specified in the Prize Draws. Any video chat will be scheduled at a date and for a duration as specified by the Sponsor, based on the artist's or celebrity’s availability or as otherwise determined for the appropriate Prize Draw. To participate in any video chats, winners must have access to Webex or other applicable video sharing platform; by downloading an application or using the Webex video sharing platform for purposes of streaming a Reward, winners must acknowledge consent to the application’s Terms of Service and all other applicable terms and conditions. There is no monetary value associated with Rewards. NO TRANSPORTATION OR ACCOMMODATIONS INCLUDED. Any and all accommodations associated with Reward redemption will not be provided by Sponsor and each Reward winner will be solely responsible for paying all costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein, including without limitation, any taxes (if applicable).
Reward consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the Reward. Winner hereby acknowledges and agrees that each Reward is non-transferable and non-salable, and may only be substituted by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion. Rewards cannot be exchanged/substituted for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Reward for one of equal or greater value for any reason. The winner of a Reward cannot screenshot, photograph, videorecord or in any way record such Reward (other than a signed merchandise) or any experience involved in such Reward for distribution purposes of any kind. Any applicable federal, state and local taxes/duties on Rewards and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of Rewards not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any unclaimed, lost, mutilated or stolen Rewards; nor will said Rewards be replaced. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of a Reward. In the event a Reward is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. In no event will more than the stated number of Rewards per Prize Draw be awarded. Winners are expected to conduct themselves appropriately while participating in any video chat. Polite manners and respect for the artists and/or celebrities and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must. The Sponsor and/or any other relevant party reserve the right to suspend or cancel Reward for the winner and/or guest of winner who engages in a non-sportsman like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person during any Reward experience. All details of Rewards not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
6. General: If an Entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the Entrant may be declared null and void. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant. Entrants/winners and parent/legal guardian (if entrant/winner is a minor in the jurisdiction where he/she resides) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor and any of its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, the Reward suppliers (including but not limited to the artists and celebrities offering the video chats, gated performances and signed merchandise) and any other organizations responsible for, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of Reward, and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Rewards. If any provision of these rules is invalid under the law, rules or regulations of a particular jurisdiction, it will only apply to the extent permitted. In addition to the tax liability disclosures in these rules, winners are subject to abide by the income reporting and, if applicable, the payment of any taxes due per the laws, rules and regulations of the U.S. and the winners’ state of residence. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrants’ and his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s (if Entrant is a minor in the jurisdiction where he/she resides) (collectively, “Granting Persons”) consent for the Sponsor, Reward providers and their designees to use, for promotional purposes in any type of media without further payment or consideration, Granting Persons’ names, likeness, cities and states of residence, any written or oral comments or testimonials to, or other feedback on, any Reward or Granting Person’s experience, and any user generated content, including, without limitation, audio, photographs and still images, and video content (“UGC”). For the avoidance of doubt, each Granting Person hereby grants to Sponsor, and Sponsor hereby accepts, a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, royalty-free and sublicensable right and license to use and display UGC in connection with Sponsor’s advocacy efforts. Sponsor shall have the right to use photos, audio recordings, video recordings and/or screenshots of any Reward experience in connection with Sponsor’s advocacy efforts.
8. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a person's ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a person's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in a person's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Promotion; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Promotion as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prize Draws offered. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name is entered on the specific Prize Draw webpage for the purpose of checking U.S. voter registration status (or completing certain actions as specified on the Website). Any damage made to the Website by an Entrant will be the responsibility of the Entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in the Terms and Conditions.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Except where prohibited by law, this Promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with A Prize Draw, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration Section of the Terms and Conditions and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Prize Draw, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Prize Draw, or any Rewards awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Prize Draw), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
12. Winners / Rules: A copy of the Terms and Conditions and a list of winners will be available at www.globalcitizen.org/rewards/winners/.
13. Sponsor/Promoter: Global Poverty Project, Inc. d/b/a Global Citizen, 594 Broadway, Suite 207, New York, NY 10012. All Promotion queries must be directed to the Global Citizen Rewards Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Miscellaneous: In the event of any conflict between the English version of the Terms and Conditions and any translation, the English version shall prevail. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision herein shall not affect in any way the validity and enforceability of any other provision in the Terms and Conditions.
15. Copyright Notice: The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2012-2020 Global Poverty Project, Inc. All Rights Reserved.