THE GLOBAL CITIZEN PROMOTION CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND GOVERNED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF CANADA. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
Employees of Global Poverty Project, Inc d/b/a Global Citizen (the "Sponsor"), its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family" means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant in their sole discretion, should any entry or entrant at any stage contain and/or supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 09:00AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on 16 August 2016 and closes at 12:00AM EST on 12 September 2016 (the "Contest Period").
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter the Contest by using the method described below. No entries will be accepted by any other means. To enter the contest, individuals must:
i. Online Entry. To be eligible to win the Prize (described below), follow the instructions at www.globalcitizen.org/canada (the “Contest Website”),
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to, malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and the Contest Website. In no event will more than the number of each Prize described herein be awarded. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of any or all Prizes than contemplated in the Contest Rules, Sponsor reserve the right to conduct a random draw in accordance with the Contest Rules from among all remaining eligible entries to award the correct number of Prizes as set out herein. Sponsor make no warranty of any kind or nature with respect to any or all Prizes unless specifically required by law, including but not limited to the fitness for purpose or merchantability.
8. CONDUCT. By entering this Contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules, which are available on the Contest Website and at 594 Broadway, Suite 207 NY NY United States of Americ throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and the Contest Website; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST BY ATTEMPTING TO FRAUDULANTLY PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST OR INFLUENCE ITS OUTCOME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. ENTRANTS ENGAGING IN ANY OF THE FOREGOING ACTIVITIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND SHALL FORFEIT ANY PRIZE.
By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Sponsor harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Sponsor or any other person, including personal injury, death or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Rules, or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify without limitation Sponsor from any and all claims by third parties relating to this Contest.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by Sponsor and/or their respective affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
11. LAW. These are official Contest Rules. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Sponsor. The Contest Rules are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.