Girls & Women
Empowering women and girls is essential to a better world for all, but today no country has achieved gender equality. Join us in creating a future where every woman and girl can thrive.
Did you know?
- 130 million girls are not in school, and a girl is married as a child bride every two seconds.
- 214 million women and teen girls have no control over one of the biggest decisions of their lives: if and when to safely have children.
- Big businesses spend trillions of dollars on suppliers every year, yet just 1% goes to businesses owned by women.
Here's we can do
- In 1995, world leaders promised to achieve equality for girls and women — from getting every girl in school to ending child marriage. Call on them to deliver.
- Tell world leaders that women will never achieve true equality without the choice of if and when to have children.
- Demand that big business supports female entrepreneurs.