Water & Sanitation
Clean water, a place to “poo,” and waste systems are not too much to ask.
Did you know?
- Globally, 4.5 billion people don't have access to safe sanitation, such as using a toilet, and 2 billion people currently lack access to quality water.
- Safe and clean drinking water helps children avoid deadly diseases, helps ensure girls can stay in school, and allows women to earn a living wage.
- Around the world, students miss out on school every month because of their period.
Here's we can do
- Educate yourself and others about why investing in adequate sanitation and clean water is so vital.
- We need to call on and pressure countries like Nigeria to work to become open defecation free by investing in and prioritizing sanitation.
- Tell governments around the world that #ItsBloodyTime we prioritize menstrual health.