Food & Hunger
Every child should know where their next meal will come from, but climate change and conflict are threatening the fight to end hunger.
Did you know?
- Tonight, approximately 2 billion people will go to bed hungry, lacking regular access to safe, nutritious, and sufficient food.
- Prior to COVID-19, we were in the midst of a food crisis with climate change and conflict making it hard to get good food to all people. It is now estimated that over 130 million more people may face chronic hunger by the end of 2020.
- To reduce the number of hungry people in the world, we need more than $10 billion in new commitments from governments that will ensure good, nutritious food for children in the poorest countries.
Here's we can do
- Tell the world's wealthiest countries: Every child should know where their next meal will come from!
- Call on world leaders to invest more in agriculture so farmers can grow more food, weather any storm, and end hunger in their communities.
- Ask government leaders in Africa to step up their budgets to support farmers and ensure every child has the food they need to survive and thrive.