NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN LIMITED TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Global Citizen UK - Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 Flyaway (the “Prize Draw”) is open only to residents of the United Kingdom who are 18 years of age or older and Global Citizen members at time of entry. Employees of Global Poverty Project, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, internet agencies, suppliers and any other companies engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this promotion and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Timing: The Entry Period begins on 31 August, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM BST (10:59:59 PM GMT) on 28 September, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Here’s How to Enter: To participate in the Prize Draw, you must be a registered member at www.globalcitizen.org. Registration is free. If you are not a registered member, go to www.globalcitizen.org and follow the instructions to register. Once you have registered, during the Promotion Period, you will have the opportunity to complete the activity(ies) specified for the Prize Draw at https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/join/mandela-100-uk/. Upon completion of the specified activity(ies), you will be eligible to enter into the Prize Draw.
To enter the Prize Draw without completing an action at www.globalcitizen.org, email your name, complete address, city, state and zip code, day and evening phone numbers and date of birth to email@example.com with the subject line “UK Flyaway.” You will receive one (1) entry into the Prize Draw. Entry must be received by 11:59:59 PM BST (10:59:59 PM GMT) on August 30, 2017.
Limit one entry per person/email address. If more than one entry is received from the same person/email address for a Prize Draw, only the first entry received will be considered valid.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Random Drawing: A random drawing via random computer generation will be conducted within 24 hours following the Prize Draw’s entry deadline from among all eligible entries received to determine the winner. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Notification: An Entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize, even if the winning notification should so indicate, unless and until (i) the Entrant’s eligibility has been verified, (ii) all requirements determined by the Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize have been fulfilled and (iii) the entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete.
Potential winner will be notified via email within 24 hours after the close of the Prize Draw and will be required to complete and return a Declaration of Compliance, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 3 days (including Saturday, Sundays and Holidays) of attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older, unless guest is winner’s child; guest will be required to complete a Guest Travel Release. All travelers must possess required travel documents, i.e., a valid passport in order to be eligible to win a Prize. All travelers must agree to depart and return on dates specified by Sponsor.
6. Prize: One (1) Prize consisting of a 5-day/4-night trip for winner and one guest to Johannesburg to attend the Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 on 2 December, 2018. Prize includes round-trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home, 4 nights’ hotel accommodations, one room/double occupancy, and a pair of tickets to the Global Citizen Festival. Winner and guest are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, additional transportation, souvenirs, upgraded room accommodations and other incidentals and items of a personal nature. Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is £3000 (GBP). Actual retail value of the Prize will depend on the winner's point of departure/return. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary.
Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Prize cannot be exchanged/substituted for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. All applicable taxes associated with the prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, mutilated or stolen travel documents or Festival tickets, nor will said prizes be replaced. In the event the Festival is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof but the remainder of the trip will be awarded. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. The Sponsor and/or any other relevant party reserve the right to remove or deny entry to the winner and/or guest of winner who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any event or at any prize-related venue. All Prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
7. General: If an Entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the Entrant may be declared null and void. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that Entrant. Entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and any of their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are binding and final. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotion materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Prize Draw or in the announcement of the prizes.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Prize Draw constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor, Administrator, prize providers and their designees to use, for promotional purposes in any type of media without further payment or consideration, entrant’s name, likeness, city and state of residence, and any written or oral comments or testimonials to, or other feedback on, any prize or entrant’s experience.
9. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance to award the Prize. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the Global Citizen account that corresponds to the email address. Any damage made to the Website by an Entrant will be the responsibility of the Entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to freeze or close an account or to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Except where prohibited by law, this promotion is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Prize Draw, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United Kingdom.
11. Disputes: By participating in this Prize Draw, participants agree that the courts of the United Kingdom shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or relating to this Prize Draw, shall be resolved exclusively before a court located within the United Kingdom.
13. Winners / Rules: A copy of these Official Rules or a winners list will be available at www.globalcitizen.org on or about 9/23/17, or after the prize has been awarded.
14. Sponsor/Promoter: Global Poverty Project UK Ltd, 19 Fitzroy Street, London, W1T 4BP.
15. Copyright Notice: This promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2012-2017 Global Poverty Project, Inc. All Rights Reserved.