Ticket Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all ticket giveaway promotions (hereinafter referred to as a “Sweepstakes”) being run for the Global Citizen Festival by the Global Poverty Project, Inc. d/b/a Global Citizen (“GC”).
- Each sweepstakes may have a set of rules specific to the offer (“Sweepstakes Rules”), in which case:
- the sweepstakes will be governed by both these Terms and Conditions and the Sweepstakes Rules;
- the Sweepstakes Rules will be made available at www.globalcitizen.org;
- to the extent that there is inconsistency between the rules contained in these Terms and Conditions and the Sweepstakes Rules, the Sweepstakes Rules will prevail; and
- a person who enters a sweepstakes agrees to be bound by both these Terms and Conditions and, if in effect, the Sweepstakes Rules.
- Failure by GC to follow or uphold these Terms and Conditions and/or any Sweepstakes Rules will not give rise to a claim by any person.
- Every sweepstakes will be conducted (and a winner(s) determined) at the absolute discretion of GC, whose decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry is open to all residents of the United States of America, except:
- any person who does not meet the eligibility requirements of the sweepstakes which may be specified in the Sweepstakes Rules;
- any person who does not give complete or correct registration or other details requested by GC upon the entering of, or during the course of, a sweepstakes;
- employees, servants, agents, sub-contractors or those employed by sub-contractors of GC and their immediate family (including, but not limited to, their parents, siblings, children, and de facto partners (Immediate Family));
- any other person whom GC deems ineligible. This may include, but is not limited to, person(s) who have previously won a prize(s) in any sweepstakes run by GC;
- Any person who is found to have given incorrect information when entering a sweepstakes will be immediately disqualified from entering any further sweepstakes. Failure to provide valid contact information or to provide any additional requested information by the required deadline, or if any prize notification is undeliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible for any reason, will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Such incorrect information may include, but is not limited to supplying false personal details, entering the same sweepstakes under multiple names, entering the same sweepstakes under multiple email addresses.
- Any person who enters a sweepstakes (an Entrant) and is awarded a prize(s), and who is subsequently deemed ineligible for that Competition due to being a person listed under clauses 5 and 6 above, may be required, at the discretion of GC, to forfeit, return, refund, or otherwise make restitution of the prize(s).
- Some prizes may be claimed in person by the winning Entrant (or a nominated representative of the winning Entrant) who must provide some form of official photo identification (for example a driver’s license or passport).
- Any person claiming the prize(s) may be required to sign and endorse these Terms and Conditions, the Sweepstakes Rules (if any) and/or any other relevant documents.
- Prizes will be awarded subject to verification of potential winner’s eligibility. The prize(s) must be claimed within seven days from the date of winning, unless otherwise agreed or specified by GC or the Sweepstakes Rules.
- All prize(s) not claimed for any reason within the time frame specified in the Sweepstakes Rules (including for the reasons set out in clauses 6, 7, 8 and/or 9 above) will be deemed to be forfeited or abandoned by the winner and an alternate will be selected, time permitting.
- All prizes of every sweepstakes:
- if in the form of something other than cash, are in no way redeemable or transferable for cash, and may not be sold. If tickets are posted on any unauthorized platform, they will be cancelled;
- must, where applicable, be used on the dates specified;
- are not the responsibility of GC, including if they are defective or ineffectual in any way, to the extent permitted by law. This extends to any loss, damage, expense or injury suffered (including that which is indirect or consequential) as a result of, or in connection with, the acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of the prize(s); and
- are subject to any other condition or stipulation given by GC, including, but not limited to, those provided in the Sweepstakes Rules.
- The prize(s) include only the item(s) specifically listed as part of the prize(s). Any relevant cost(s) associated with, consequential to, and/or resulting from the acceptance and claiming of the prize(s) are to be covered by the winner. This includes all relevant taxes and charges associated with the acceptance, use and/or ownership of the prize(s).
- All Entrants (including any subsequent winners):
- agree to (if required by GC at any time) engage in a photo, video, film and/or radio session, or any other form of publicity for GC (unless the Entrant/winner specifically requested to retain their anonymity at the time of entering any sweepstakes);
- agree to the broadcasting or other publicizing of an Entrant's/winner’s name, character, statements, voice recordings or any other information regarding the Entrant/winner, in any advertising or promotional activities concerning a sweepstakes or sweepstakes of GC in general. This includes the use of a winner's name to disclose that they have won a sweepstakes; and
- agree to allow GC to use in any reasonable manner as they see fit, any materials submitted in connection with any sweepstakes, whether in written, electronic, visual, audio and/or any other form). Such materials (and all Copyright in them) become(s) the property of GC and the Entrant waives all moral rights it may have in such materials.
- The entrant consents to the use by GC of the entrants' details and acknowledges that GC, may, at its discretion disclose and use those details for the purpose of providing you with goods or services, communicating with you, planning, research, product and business development and sales, the promotion and marketing (whether target, direct or indirect) of their businesses, services or products or those of a third party which we believe may be of benefit to you. The details will also be used to investigate complaints, as required or permitted by any law, to enable GC to perform its obligations to you under this or any other agreement and to ensure that you perform your obligations under this or any other agreement.
- If you do not want the details to be used for the purposes stated herein, please write to us at
and GC will ensure that the details are not used for that purpose.
- Any problem that is directly or indirectly related to the running of a sweepstakes, which may affect the outcome of a sweepstakes and/or the determination of any winner, whether a result of technical or other problems or difficulties of GC, its affiliates, the Entrant, or any third party, GC will not be responsible and may also disqualify any Entrant to whom the above is relevant and may also award the prize to any other person. Such disqualification or allocations of prizes are at the absolute discretion of GC.
- GC is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/e-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. GC assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail
- By participating in a sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless GC and each of its officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from and against any claims made by winners, entrants, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of the sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any sweepstakes-related activity.
- GC may amend or change these Terms and Conditions and any Sweepstakes Rules, at any time without notice.
Global Citizen Festival Ticket Sweepstakes Rules (“Sweepstakes Rules”)
The 2018 Global Citizen Festival ticket Sweepstakes Rules are as follows:
- The sweepstakes officially ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on 24 September 2018 (EST).
- The prize pool consists of 20,500 prizes, with each prize consisting of two general admission tickets to the Global Citizen Festival, to be held on the Great Lawn at Central Park on September 29, 2018 (Rain Date: Sunday, September 30, 2018)(“GCF”).
- In order to be eligible for the sweepstakes, participants must:
- register on the Global Citizen website (www.globalcitizen.org) or mobile application for Android and iOS (“App”) (collectively, “Platform”) with your real name and email address,
- complete all the actions from any of the curated “action journeys” available exclusively on the Global Citizen App (each, an “Action Journey”; collectively, the “Action Journeys”), and
- enter the then-current prize draw for the 2018 Global Citizen Festival per the below
- Prizes consist of two tickets (double passes) to the GCF for the winner and one guest. Winners will be drawn on the following dates, with email notification sent to prize-winners within seventy-two (72) hours of these dates:
- August 21, 2018 (Ticket Draw #1): at least 9,840 double passes will be drawn
- September 4, 2018 (Ticket Draw #2): at least 9,020 double passes will be drawnn
- September 18, 2018 (Ticket Draw #3): at least 1,230 double passes will be drawn
- September 25, 2018 (Ticket Draw #4): at least 410 double passes, plus any tickets not claimed previously
There is no monetary value associated with the Prize.
- Only participants who have completed all actions in an Action Journey and specifically entered the GCF prize draw on the Global Citizen Platform are eligible for this sweepstakes.
- Participants may enter the prize draw once per Action Journey, unless otherwise stated.
- Participants who complete an Action Journey but are not awarded tickets will not be automatically entered into subsequent draws.
- Participants will not be eligible to win more than once per Action Journey prize draw entry.
- Entry limited to residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. If a winner is a minor, tickets may be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian and/or may be required to obtain prior consent of a parent or legal guardian to enter the sweepstakes.