14 Stunning Photos from Around the World You Might Have Missed
Here are the best pictures you may have missed this week.
This week, a "caravan of migrants," a group of Central American migrants that once numbered well over 1,000 people, continued to push its way north through Mexico, only some are continuing on to the US border — where they will attempt to seek asylum in the United States. Other migrants also attempted to make their way across the Mediterranean Sea. Last week, more than 100 were rescued by the NGO 'SOS Mediterranee' of the 'Aquarius,' after their boat capsized. Protests in India against week rape laws continued. Springtime started to bloom in certain parts of the world. And people in Paris partook in a "color run" that saw an explosion of bright powders released under the Eiffel Tower.
Global Citizen is bringing you these pictures and more from around the world this week.
1) France Color Run: People throw colored powder as they celebrate at the end of the Color Run 2018 race in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, April 15. The Color Run is a 5 kilometer (3.1 mile) running event where participants are covered in bright colored powder at each check station and is less about speed and more about enjoying a day with friends and family.
2) Daily Life in India: An Indian boy searches for coins offered by Hindu devotees in the river Ganga in Allahabad on April 16.
3) Central American Migration: A Central American migrant, moving in a caravan through Mexico, holds a bag as she and fellow migrants cross a railway line to stop a freight train and get on it, in Irapuato, in Guanajuato state, Mexico April 17.
4) Syria: Syrians are seen as they wait to return to Syria's safe zones after Turkish Armed Forces and Free Syrian Army (FSA) cleared Syria's some districts at the Cilvegozu Border Gate in Reyhanli district of Hatay, Turkey on April 19.
5) Protests in India: An Indian girl displays a placard during a protest against two recently reported rape cases as protestors gather near the Parliament in New Delhi, India, April 15. Violent crimes against women have been on the rise in India despite tough laws enacted in 2013.
6) Spring in Japan: Azaleas are in full bloom at Nagushiyama Park in Sasebo, Nagasaki Prefecture, southwestern Japan on April 15. Some 100,000 different kinds of azaleas are blooming in spring period at the park.
efugees on a rubber dinghy are rescued by members of the NGO 'SOS Mediterranee' of the 'Aquarius' vessel during an operation to rescue migrants, about 50 kilometers off the Libyan coast, in the Mediterranean Sea, 18 April 2018. Approximatly 100 people, mostly from Western Africa, were rescue by the Aquarius crew after leaving the Libyan coast ten hours before. 📷 epa-efe / Christophe Petit Tesson #sosmediterranee #africanmigrants #migrants #rescuemission #libya #mediterraneansea #epaphotos
7) Refugees in the Mediterranean: Refugees on a rubber dinghy are rescued by members of the NGO 'SOS Mediterranee' of the 'Aquarius' vessel during an operation to rescue migrants off the Libyan coast, in the Mediterranean Sea, on April 18. Approximatly 100 people, mostly from Western Africa, were rescued by the Aquarius crew after leaving the Libyan coast ten hours before.
8) Protests in India: A woman shouts slogans during a protest against the rape of an eight-year-old girl in Kathua, near Jammu, in Srinagar April 17.
AFP Photo 📷 Yasuyoshi Chiba - A Somali refugee girl stands in a makeshift shelter at Dadaab refugee complex, in the north-east of Kenya, on April 16, 2018. The Dadaab refugee complex which has some 235269 refugees and asylum seekers in four camps about 80kms from the Somali-Kenyan border was established in 1991, according to #UNHCR camp population statistics in January 2018. #Kenya
9) Somali Refugees: A Somali refugee girl stands in a makeshift shelter at Dadaab refugee complex, in the north-east of Kenya, on April 16. The Dadaab refugee complex which has some 23,5269 refugees and asylum seekers in four camps about 80 kms from the Somali-Kenyan border was established in 1991, according to UNHCR camp population statistics in January 2018.
10) Central American Migration: Central American migrants who attended the annual Migrants Stations of the Cross caravan for migrants' rights, rest at a shelter in Tlaquepaque, Jalisco state, Mexico, April 18. The remnants of the migrant caravan that drew the ire of President Donald Trump were continuing their journey north through Mexico toward the US border on Wednesday.
11) Big Wave Surfing in Portugal: Spanish big wave surfer Axi Muniain drops in on a large wave at Praia do Norte in Nazare, Portugal, April 18.
12) School Play in Mexico: Jazmin, 9, carries a cardboard car to be used in a play in her school at Anapra neighborhood in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico April 16.
13) Elephants in Kenya: Baby elephants play at the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage in the Nairobi National Park, Kenya, April 14.
14) Boston Marathon: Desiree Linden, of Washington, Mich., crosses the finish line to win the women's division of the 122nd Boston Marathon on Monday, April 16, in Boston. Linden is the first American woman to win the race since 1985.