Today we took a field trip to visit our toilet (SFW I swear)
March 22nd, is World Water Day. GET PUMPED.
In honor of this auspicious occasion, the team here at Global Citizen took a field trip to our bathroom to celebrate how much we love our toilets.
We also took a moment to remind ourselves why toilets are so important.
1) This is Jay, our Marketing Manager, he loves his toilet. Just look at that face.
2) This is Judith, our Campaigns Associate, she's pretty excited about spreading the word about sanitation.
3) Say hi to Christina, our Global Citizen Fellow. She's excited to remind everyone about how safe, clean toilets can change a girl's life.
4) Here I am! I'm Tom, the Content Coordinator. I'm still trying to work out how the whole toilet thing works.
5) And finally, here's Sofia our Global Communications Coordinator. She's a little camera shy but she posed to advocate for a worthy cause.
We had a lot of fun making this piece, but in all seriousness, we realize that having a safe, clean bathroom is a privilege. For the 2.5 billion people who don't have access to modern sanitation though, toilets are no laughing matter.
That's why we're calling on the world's governments to make a strong commitment to universal access to water and sanitation. Sign the peition to make sure that every child, everywhere can enjoy the same privilege.