With 24 hours of programming across seven continents, Global Citizen Live brought together dozens of artists, activists, and world leaders to take action to defend the planet, defeat poverty, and end the pandemic.
The once-in-a-generation broadcast event had fans swaying, jumping, two-stepping, singing along, and cheering to their favorite songs at all hours from Saturday, Sept. 25, to Sunday, Sept. 26. For many in attendance, it was the first large-scale event that they went to in more than a year (with COVID-19 protocols in place to keep everyone safe), and the sense of excitement and relief was palpable. Countless others watched from the comfort of their homes across the globe.
Global Citizen Live called for action to halt climate change and for wealthy countries to deliver on the $100 billion climate pledge, $6 billion for famine relief, and vaccine justice. More than $1.1 billion, 157 million trees, and 60 million COVID-19 vaccine doses were announced thanks to partnerships between government, philanthropy, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector. (But the work's not done — there's still so much more to do.)
Whether it was artists teasing new songs, running through beloved hits, or creating dream-team collaborations, Global Citizen Live featured standout moments to support the campaign for people across generations and cultures.
In no particular order, here are some of our favorite musical moments from Global Citizen Live — from New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Lagos, Sydney, London, Mumbai, and many other cities around the world.
Want even more video content from Global Citizen Live? Download our app now!
1. BTS opened Global Citizen Live with “Permission to Dance” from Seoul.
2. Billie Eilish and FINNEAS joined Coldplay in NYC for “Fix You.”
3. Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello teamed up with Coldplay for “Yellow” in New York.
4. Ricky Martin performed his hit “Livin’ La Vida Loca” from Las Vegas.
5. Fugees reunited for the first time in 15 years and performed “Killing Me Softly” in New York.
6. Demi Lovato and Adam Lambert did a duet of “Mad World" in Los Angeles.
7. Metallica rocked out to “For Whom the Bell Tolls” from Louisville.
8. Davido and CKay performed their hit "La La" in Lagos.
9. Femi, Made & Seun Kuti covered Fela's Anikulapo-Kuti's "Water No Get Enemy" in Lagos.
10. Tiwa Savage performed her new song "Somebody's Son" in Lagos.
11. Duo Ajay-Atul performed "Vishwam Bharatam Swagatam" in Mumbai.
12. Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes had sparks flying for their hit song "Señorita" in NYC.
13. Lali joined Global Citizen Live from Buenos Aires for "Bailo Pa’mi."
14. Criolo & Tropkillaz perform "Cleane" atop Sugarloaf Mountain in Rio.
15. BTS performed the song of the summer, “Butter,” from Seoul.
16. Lorde sang “Solar Power” from her latest album in New York.
17. Stormzy opened his set with "Crown."
18. Ozuna brought down the house in Los Angeles with "Taki Taki."
19. OneRepublic pumped up the LA crowd with "Counting Stars."
20. Migos returned to their breakout single "Bad and Boujee" in LA.
21. Meek Mill lit up the crowd for "Dreams and Nightmares" in New York.
22. Lizzo brought out her flute for her performance of "Juice" in NYC.
23. H.E.R. showed off her versatility in LA with “We Made It.”
24. Chloe x Halle took over the stage with "Do It" in Los Angeles.
25. Shawn Mendes had fans smiling in NYC with his hit “Treat You Better.”
26. Jennifer Lopez reunited with Ja Rule for a mashup of “I’m Real" and "Ain’t It Funny” in New York.
27. Coldplay and BTS shared their new collaboration, “My Universe,” in New York.
28. Burna Boy had the crowd jumping in NYC for “Anybody.”
29. Ed Sheeran enchanted the Paris audience with his performance of “Perfect.”
30. Jon Batiste & We Are Experience Band perform "FREEDOM" in New York.
31. Alessia Cara performed “Scars to Your Beautiful” in New York.
32. Cyndi Lauper played her legendary pop song “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” in NYC.
33. Måneskin strutted through "Zitti E Buoni" in Paris.
34. Doja Cat performed her single “Need to Know” in Paris.
35. Esther Chungu sang “Jehovah” with Coldplay in New York.
36. Black Eyed Peas transported the Paris audience to better times with "I Gotta Feeling."
37. Christine and the Queens had the most fun with “Tilted” in Paris.
38. Angélique Kidjo sang her classic "Afrika" in Paris.
39. Sho Madjozi brought the best vibes for "Amajoy" and "Come Duze" ft. Muzi from Johannesburg.
40. Elton John sang the legendary “Rocket Man” in Paris.
41. Kylie Minogue performed her iconic song "Can't Get You Out of My Head" in London.
42. Delta Goodrem powerfully performed "Keep Climbing" in front of the Sydney Opera House.
43. Stevie Wonder performed "This I Know" with special guest Sheila E. in Los Angeles.
44. Badshah performed "No Mercy" featuring Aastha Gill in Mumbai
45. Alok and Mapu Huni Kuin performed live from the Brazilian Amazon.
46. Liniker opened her song "Lili" in Rio by shedding light on the issues facing marginalized communities.
47. Mart'nália closed out her set in Rio with "17 de Janeiro."
48. Duran Duran played "Ordinary World" at the Sky Garden in London.
49. The Lumineers performed "Ophelia" live in Los Angeles.
50. 5 Seconds of Summer got everyone raising their hands with "Ghost of You" in Los Angeles.
51. Camilo and Evaluna Montaner gave a duet performance of "Machu Picchu" in Madrid.
52. My Morning Jacket rocked out with "Love Love Love" from New York.
You can join the Global Citizen Live campaign to defend the planet and defeat poverty by taking action here, and become part of a movement powered by citizens around the world who are taking action together with governments, corporations, and philanthropists to make change.