Congratulations! You’ve taken action with Global Citizen, made your voice heard, advocated for change, and now you have tickets to our once-in-a-generation spectacular event, Global Citizen Live in New York City.
As the final countdown to Sept. 25 begins, we want to make sure everyone has the best (and safest) time with us. So, before we welcome Coldplay, Billie Eilish, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Lizzo, Meek Mill, Shawn Mendes, Alessia Cara, Burna Boy, Cyndi Lauper, Jon Batiste, and Lang Lang to our Central Park stage, let’s get all your questions about the event answered.
Here’s everything you need to know about attending Global Citizen Live in NYC.
First, what is absolutely essential to bring?
- You must present a PRINTED TICKET to gain entry. Due to NYC Parks regulations, we will not be able to accept a digital ticket on your mobile device.
- Remember to bring your PROOF OF VACCINATION showing that you were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before the start of the show. If you're exempt from proof of vaccination due to age restrictions, on medical advice, or inability to access vaccines, bring your NEGATIVE COVID-19 PCR TEST from within the past 72 hours prior to the start of the show, or your NEGATIVE COVID-19 RAPID TEST (PCR, ANTIGEN, OR LFA). Global Citizen is keeping our health and safety protocols up to date with the latest guidelines to protect everyone attending the event. To find out more about our screening and entry process, see below.
- FACE MASKS are required for all attendees at all times; face masks must cover the nose and mouth, and must be either a two-ply disposable or reusable/washable face mask. Neck gaiters, bandanas, and face masks with vents are not permitted.
And make sure to plan in advance and arrive at the venue EARLY for the best experience. Because of enhanced security and screening due to COVID-19 safety protocols, the entry process may take more time. Arrive early so we can get you in smoothly and safely.
How do I download my tickets?
Once Ticketmaster has emailed you your tickets, you will have 48 hours to claim your tickets. Ticketmaster will email you 72 hours before the show to download them. Log in to your Ticketmaster account and go to "My Tickets." Click "Download Tickets." PRINT YOUR TICKETS at home and bring them to the show.
Will mobile tickets be accepted?
No. You will not be able to enter the venue without PRINTED TICKETS.
What is the screening process like this year? What are the health and safety precautions?
The screening process will be airport-style with enhanced security measures in place for Global Citizen Live. Refer to this page for the most up-to-date safety information, security protocols, and emergency procedures we’re taking to ensure a safe and fun event for all Global Citizen Live attendees.
We are working closely with the CDC and New York City Department of Health to ensure Global Citizen Live complies with the latest COVID-19 health and safety guidelines. We are monitoring the situation with the COVID-19 Delta variant and will update our health and safety plans per these organizations' guidance. We will post updates on this page as needed.
Please read our Health and Safety page in full here.
Attendees will need to adhere to the following conditions:
- Proof of vaccine is required: Attendees will be required to show proof they are fully vaccinated. “Fully vaccinated” means at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. A PHYSICAL VACCINE CARD, PHOTO OF YOUR VACCINE CARD showing the batch number, YOUR EXCELSIOR PASS, or COVID SAFE APP will be accepted as proof of vaccination. CLEAR and DOCKET are also acceptable. Security will verify your vaccine card and vaccine batch number for authenticity. As this is an inclusive, all-ages show, exceptions will be made for guests who are not able to be vaccinated due to age restrictions, on medical advice, or inability to access vaccinations. These guests must present a NEGATIVE PCR test from within 72 hours of the start of the show or a NEGATIVE COVID-19 RAPID TEST (PCR, ANTIGEN, OR LFA) taken the day of the show to gain entry.
- Masks are required for all attendees: Face masks are required for all attendees at all times; face masks must cover the nose and mouth, and must be either a two-ply disposable or reusable/washable face mask. Neck gaiters, bandanas, and face masks with vents are not permitted. Security will monitor and enforce compliance with face covering per the venue policy.
Be sure to review the list of prohibited items below to learn what is and isn’t allowed in the park to make the screening process move as quickly as possible. Please allow plenty of time to get through security as the process may take longer. Bags that are 12" x 12" x 6" or smaller and fanny packs are permitted. Bags exceeding this size will be turned away prior to screening.
Where is the event located?
Global Citizen Live in NYC will take place on the Great Lawn in Central Park in Manhattan.
What time should I get there?
The gates at Central Park will open at 2 p.m on Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021. The show will start at 4 p.m. and end at 10 p.m. For general admission tickets, it's best to arrive early to get a spot closest to the stage. Remember to allow for extra time, as our entry process may take longer than usual due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Where are the entrances located?
We have two main general admission entrances to Global Citizen Live. The West Gate is located at 72nd Street and Central Park West and the East Gate is located at 72nd Street and Fifth Avenue.
VIP ticket guests can enter at West 81st Street and Central Park West.
The ADA entrance is at East 84th Street and Fifth Avenue, just to the north of the Met. If you need ADA seating, please fill out this Accommodation Form.
How do I get to the venue?
There will be no designated parking at the venue.
For West Gate entry tickets, you can take the A, D, or 1 train to 59th Street-Columbus Circle and walk to the 72nd Street entrance of the park. You can also take the B or C train to the 72nd Street station.
If you have VIP tickets, please take the B or C train and exit at the 81st Street station.
For East Gate entry tickets, you can take the 4 or 6 train to 68th Street-Hunter College, 77th Street, or 86th Street, and walk to the 72nd Street entrance.
You could also take advantage of New York City’s extensive bike share network and save the environment at the same time.
If you plan to be dropped off in a car, the East ticket line begins at East 72nd and Fifth Avenue and the West ticket line forms at West 72nd and Central Park West.
I am a person living with a disability. What kind of accessibility accommodations will you have?
There is a dedicated ADA section for people with disabilities to enjoy the show with their friends and family. Capacity in our ADA section is limited and requires prior approval to access. In order to request accommodation, please submit a request here.
Remaining capacity not accounted for with prior approval will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis on event day. In order to ensure safe ingress/egress of our guests with disabilities. When the designated ADA seating area reaches capacity, the section will be closed.
The entrance to the designated ADA section is off the Metropolitan Museum of Art on East 84th Street and Fifth Avenue.
Accessibility Staff will be stationed throughout the section. Find out more about our accessibility measures at the event here.
How can I find my way around the park?
Attendees will notice enhanced lighting and signage for exit paths outside the park. When you get into the park, make sure you are aware of the nearest exit. There will be trained staff throughout the Great Lawn to help direct you and find your way around the park. Feel free to ask our staff for help finding bathrooms, merch stalls, and exits.
What can I bring to the event?
The most important items to remember to bring are a PRINTED COPY of your ticket, PROOF OF VACCINATION or NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS, and a FACE MASK.
You CAN bring empty plastic water bottles, cell phones, digital cameras (non-pro), disposable cameras, earplugs, fanny packs, small bags (12" x 12" x 6" max size), film cameras (non-pro), hats, small beach towel (35" x 75" max size), strollers (with toddler/infant), sunblock/sunscreen, sunglasses, and walkie talkies.
You CANNOT bring metal water bottles, such as S’wells or Hydro Flasks, and glass bottles are not allowed and will be confiscated. Single-use/store-bought bottles of water will have their caps removed at the gates. Drinks are also available for purchase in the park and will have their caps removed.
What else is not allowed at the event?
Bags larger than 12" x 12" x6" are prohibited. Smoking of any kind will not be allowed.
We will not be allowing our audience to enter with any of the following:
Alcohol, audio or video recording equipment, bicycles or scooters, blankets, CamelBaks, chains/chain wallets, cameras larger than point-and-shoot (if you can remove the lens, don't bring it), chairs, coolers, drones, fireworks, flags, frisbees, glass/metal containers, illegal drugs/paraphernalia, laser pens or similar focused lights, light sticks, musical instruments, pets/animals, selfie sticks, sports balls, tents, tripods, umbrellas, unlicensed vending of any kind, water squirt guns, or weapons.
When in doubt, leave it at home.
Will there be food and drinks for sale at the event?
Yes, we will have food and non-alcoholic drink vendors. Vendors will be accepting cash and cards. Water refill stations will be provided by Citi at no cost to you. Remember that metal water bottles are not permitted.
If you have dietary restrictions, no problem. We’ll have vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options available for purchase. We’re not a nut-free event, but we’ll have nut-free and contamination-free food options.
You can also purchase Global Citizen merchandise at the event, including reusable totes, t-shirts, hoodies, hats, and more.
Is my ticket code valid for one or two tickets?
The code you were emailed is for two tickets. Once you’ve redeemed your code, you’ll be given two tickets.
What do I do if there’s an emergency?
First and most importantly, stay calm. There will be security personnel who are trained to deal with any and all medical emergencies. In the case of other types of emergencies, follow the directions of security personnel and pay attention to messages and instructions from Global Citizen.
When you get to the park, make sure you are aware of the nearest exits. There will be enhanced lighting and signs showing exit paths out of the park.
If you are in need of assistance during the event, please reach out to our security staff and they will be able to provide assistance.
What happens in the event of extreme weather?
We can’t control the weather but we can make sure all of our attendees stay safe under unforeseen circumstances. The concert will go on rain or shine, but in the case of high winds or lightning, the show will be canceled. If there is cause for cancellation, there will not be a make-up date for the event.
In the event of severe weather, Global Citizen will be in contact regarding the status of the show.
So, what are the most important things to remember about attending Global Citizen Live?
1. PRINT YOUR TICKETS.
2. PROOF OF VACCINATION or NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS are required.
3. FACE MASKS are mandatory.
4. Don't bring PROHIBITED ITEMS.
5. GET THERE EARLY.
Still have more questions? Check out our frequently asked questions page.
And if you’re still not sure about anything regarding the event, you can contact us here.
You can join the Global Citizen Live campaign to defend the planet and defeat poverty by taking action here, and become part of a movement powered by citizens around the world who are taking action together with governments, corporations, and philanthropists to make change.