Global Citizen Festival Action Journey 3: A chance to end extreme poverty and win FREE tickets
This is how you can change the world and earn tickets to the Festival.
You have another chance to shape the future of the world and enter for a chance to win FREE Tickets to the 2015 Global Citizen Festival.
Today, Global Citizen Festival Action Journey 3 goes live, a set of political actions you can take to get world leaders to end extreme poverty by 2030. Taking this action journey earns you a chance to win 2 free tickets to the 2015 Global Citizen Festival.
FOR FULL DETAILS ON HOW TAKING ACTION EARNS YOU TICKETS SEE THE VIDEO AT THE TOP
Another action journey going live also means another round of ticket winners has been selected. If you have taken Action Journey 1 or Action Journey 2, you will be getting an email in the next 24 hours informing you if you have won or not. If you have not won tickets, TAKE ACTION JOURNEY 3 to put in another entry to win tickets, or, if you have won tickets, TAKE ACTION JOURNEY 3 and enter to win MORE tickets (cause you know you want to bring your friends). NOTE: Action Journey 1 and 2 are still live, so you can increase your chances of winning tickets by taking all three Action Journeys at the 2015 Global Citizen Festival Page.
- ● Action Journey 2 has led to more than 200,000 actions taken
- ● Combined, Action Journey 1 and 2 have had over 800,000 actions taken!
- ● Your words have been heard: in Action Journey 2, global citizens called on Canada to take the lead on ending polio, and the pressure is getting noticed:
- ● And in Action Journey 2, global citizens called on the World Bank to end open defecation and that pressure is getting noticed:
That is impressive work global citizens. Now it’s time to get to work (and get your friends to work!) on Action Journey 3.
Here are just the highlights of this incredible opportunity to get the world to end extreme poverty.
- ● Sign your name and Tweet to end polio. The world is close, but close still leaves people vulnerable. This tweet lets you get world leaders like Australia’s Tony Blair or the UK’s David Cameron on board with prioritizing the end of this global plague.
- ● Make a call to improve education around the world. You’ll get to leave a voicemail for the Prime Minister of Norway, thanking her for her leadership on getting girls educated and asking her to rally other global leaders to step up their game on global education.
- ● Send an email to improve global health. Getting world leaders to make strong commitments to accomplish the Global Goals that will be announced the day before the festival is the key to turning these goals into reality. Your email can get leaders to make the commitments needed at the 2015 Global Citizen Festival.
- ● Tweet to improve sanitation. A tweet to the right global leaders can change the way the world measures sanitation, which is a great way to ensure that the right changes for humanity are being made.
- ● Tweet for better education, to get a brand new government on the right global leadership track. The new government of Denmark has just been formed (the cabinet) and your tweet can make sure they prioritize global education.
- ● Tweet to get Turkey to live up to its promisethat it’s leadership of the G20 will be a turning point for improving the rights and opportunities for girls and women.
- ● Call for better food aid from the United States. The US is one of the biggest providers of global food aid, yet it could be doing better. Make a call to the US Senate to get them to adopt food aid and improve millions of lives.
So that’s Action Journey 3 and all of the amazing opportunities you have to shape a better tomorrow for everyone.
If you need any more reason to get excited about the Festival beyond the chance to change the world and great music acts—Pearl Jam, Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran and Coldplay—then check out today’s Festival HOST ANNOUNCEMENT.
Remember, take action, earn tickets and enjoy a better future for all. I’ll see you at the 2015 Global Citizen Festival.