11 Epic Photos From Around the World This Week
Zombie protests, Coldplay's Chris Martin, and a much-anticipated handshake.
With protests erupting in countries around the world — including Germany, the United States, Turkey, and Venezuela — it was a busy week around the world.
World leaders met at the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany. At the same time, Global Citizens attended a festival featuring Coldplay's Chris Martin, Shakira, and Pharrell Williams, which secured several commitments to ending extreme poverty from high profile leaders.
Protesters also gathered in Pamplona, Spain to protest bullfighting, and an Afghan woman lifted off on a solo flight around the world.
Check out these, and other global photos, below:
1) G20 (Below) US President Donald Trump and Russia's President Vladimir Putin shake hands during a meeting on the sidelines of the G20 Summit in Hamburg, Germany, on July 7, 2017.
2) Venezuela: Opposition demonstrators and riot police clash during a protest against President Nicolas Maduro in Caracas, on July 6, 2017. A political and economic crisis in the oil-producing country has spawned often violent demonstrations by protesters demanding Maduro's resignation and new elections. The unrest has left 91 people dead since April 1.
3) Healthcare: Danni Long joins with other protesters near the building where Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) has an office on July 6, 2017 in Doral, Florida. Ms. Long along with others were protesting at the offices of Republican Senators in 21 states demanding that they vote no on the Better Care Reconciliation Act.
4) Global Citizen Festival: Chris Martin from Coldplay performs during the Global Citizen Festival at the Barclaycard Arena on July 6, 2017 in Hamburg, Germany.
5) Turkey: A woman waves a flag of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk while waiting to march with Turkey's main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) leader Kemal Kilicdaroglu towards Istanbul on day 23 of the 'Justice March' on July 7, 2017 in Istanbul, Turkey. Kilicdaroglu began the 425-kilometer, Ankara to Istanbul protest march on June 15 to protest the conviction of CHP lawmaker Elis Berberoglu. The protest will end outside the prison where Berberoglu is being held.
6) Bullfighting Pro-animal rights activists spread red powder on themselves as they break fake 'banderillas' (spears to jab the bull) to protest against bullfighting and bull-running during a demonstration called by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and Anima Naturalis pro-animal groups on the eve of the San Fermin festivities in the Northern Spanish city of Pamplona on July 5, 2017. The San Fermin festival is a symbol of Spanish culture that attracts thousands of tourist to watch the bull-runs despite heavy condemnation from animal rights groups.
7) Zombie protest: Performance artists covered in clay to look like zombies walk trance-like through the city center on July 5, 2017 in Hamburg, Germany. In a two-hour show hundreds of actors took part in a creative public appeal for more humanity and self-responsibility ahead of the upcoming G20 summit. The G20 economic summit takes place in Hamburg July 7-8.
8) North Korea: This picture taken and released on July 4, 2017 by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) shows the test-fire of the intercontinental ballistic missile Hwasong-14 at an undisclosed location. North Korea declared on July 4 it had successfully tested its first intercontinental ballistic missile — a watershed moment in its push to develop a nuclear weapon capable of hitting the mainland United States.
9) Mosul: Members of the Iraqi federal police dance with children and a national flag during a celebration in the Old City of Mosul, where the gruelling battle to retake Iraq's second city from Islamic State (IS) group fighters is now nearing its end, on July 2, 2017.
10) Afghan Pilot: Shaesta Waiz, Afghanistans first female certified civilian pilot, poses for a picture by her plane in a hangar at Cairo International Airport on July 2, 2017 during her bid to become youngest woman in history to complete a solo round-the-world flight. Waiz took off from Daytona Beach, Florida on Saturday and has mapped out a route that will take her aboard her Beechcraft Bonanza A36 aircraft approximately 25,800km to more than 18 countries, including Spain, Egypt, India, Singapore and Australia, before ending the trip back in Florida in August.
11) Trudeau family: Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau with first lady Sophie Trudeau and their youngest son Hadrien arrive at Hamburg Airport for the Hamburg G20 economic summit on July 6, 2017 in Hamburg, Germany. Leaders of the G20 group of nations are meeting for the July 7-8 summit. Topics high on the agenda for the summit include climate policy and development programs for African economies.