The Week in Photos: 15 of the Best Images from World Events This Week
The last week of June saw the end of Ramadan, gay pride month, and other global news.
Buttressed by the end of Ramadan and the beginning of legalized same-sex marriage in Germany, the last week of June was marked by both celebration and conflict.
In Germany, Chancellor Angela Merkel made a surprise announcement on Tuesday, paving the way for a vote on legal same-sex marriage Friday. More than four in five Germans supported legal same-sex marriage, which is now a reality.
Elsewhere, Iraqi security forces took back the city of Mosul from ISIS militants, protesters rallied against the proposed American Health Care Act in Washington D.C., and European leaders met in Berlin in advance of the highly-anticipated G20.
Global Citizen is bringing you these pictures and more from this week:
1) Eid a-Fitr: (Above) Muslim families enjoy the Mediterranean Sea during the Eid al-Fitr holiday as the sun sets in Tel Aviv, Israel, Monday, June 26, 2017. Eid al-Fitr marks the end of the Muslims' holy fasting month of Ramadan.
2) Gaza City Power: A Palestinian girl holds a candle to lighten her home due to power cut at the Jabalia Camp in Gaza City, Gaza on June 27, 2017. 2 million people living in Gaza suffering power cut as the Israeli siege continues.
3) Refugee Crisis: A Libyan coast guardsman stands on a boat during the rescue of 147 illegal immigrants attempting to reach Europe off the coastal town of Zawiyah, west of the capital Tripoli, on June 27, 2017. More than 8,000 migrants have been rescued in waters off Libya during the past 48 hours in difficult weather conditions, Italy's coastguard said on June 27, 2017.
4) Israel: A Muslim boy cools off inside a fountain in a park next to the Mediterranean Sea during the Eid al-Fitr holiday in Tel Aviv, Israel, Monday, June 26, 2017. Eid al-Fitr marks the end of the Muslims' holy fasting month of Ramadan.
5) Eid-al-Fitr: Indian Muslims offer prayers during Eid al-Fitr at the Jama Masjid mosque in New Delhi on June 26, 2017. Muslims around the world are celebrating the Eid al-Fitr festival, which marks the end of the fasting month of Ramadan.
6) Mosul: Children play on debris in a neighborhood recently retaken by Iraqi security forces during fighting against Islamic State militants in west Mosul, Iraq, Sunday, June 25, 2017.
7) Healthcare Debate: Protesters march around the Capitol Building as they rally against the Senate GOP healthcare bill in Washington, D.C., June 28, 2017.
8) Migrants in France: Migrants wash up on the pavement at Porte de la Chapelle in Paris on June 29, 2017. Some 1,200 people live on the street near the humanitarian centre for migrants, in the northern Parisian district according to the association France terre d'asile (FTDA), which has been mandated to help those who need assistance.
9) Coal Mines in India: An Indian coal scavenger carries a basket of coal collected at a mine in the district of Dhanbad in the state of Jharkhand on June 27, 2017. Coal pickers collect and sell coal scavenged from working mines.
10) School in the Philippines: Schoolchildren from the Corazon Aquino Elementary School participate in a nationwide simultaneous earthquake drill in Manila on June 29, 2017. The nationwide drill is part of the Philippine government's disaster preparedness programme and is held quarterly.
11) Venezuela Protests: A boy runs under a Venezuelan flag during a protest of journalists and media workers against the attacks on journalists, in Caracas on June 27, 2017.
12) Pride Parade New York City: Members of the Caribbean pride pause during the New York City Pride Parade on Sunday, June 25, 2017, in New York.
13) EU Leaders Meeting: German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron talk in the conference room during a meeting of EU Leaders before G20 Summit on June 29, 2017 in Berlin, Germany.
14) Mongolia Elections: A man leaves after voting in the Mongolian presidential election at the Erdene Sum Ger (Yurt) polling station in Tuul Valley on June 26, 2017. Mongolians cast ballots on June 26 to choose between a horse breeder, a judoka and a feng shui master in a presidential election rife with corruption scandals and nationalist rhetoric.
15) Same Sex Marriage in Germany: Green Party's gay rights activist Volker Beck, front right, and fellow faction members celebrate with a confetti popper after German Federal Parliament, Bundestag, voted to legalize same-sex marriage in Berlin, Germany, June 30, 2017.