About the Award
The same week as the Global Citizen Festival, Global Citizen will host the first-ever Youth Advocates Symposium on September 22, 2016.
Gathering young activists from around the globe with diverse campaigning and advocacy backgrounds, the symposium will allow for an engaging exchange of experience, strategies and practices geared towards addressing pressing global issues, as outlined by the United Nations’ Global Goals.
This all-expenses paid trip will not only provide exceptional young advocates with direct exposure to the work of Global Citizen and skilled development practitioners, but also equip them with innovative tools and knowledge for effective methods of campaigning.
Applicants are evaluated based on:
- Experience campaigning on issues in their local community related to one or more of the following Global Goals.
- Food & Hunger
- Girls & Women
- Sanitation & Water
- A clear idea of how their participation in this training will go beyond them and benefit the communities they work with.
- An understanding of the values and practices of global citizenship.
Each award winner will receive:
- 1 pass to participate in the Global Citizen Youth Advocates Symposium with leading business, media and development practitioners, to learn the ins-and-outs of campaigning in support of the Global Goals
- 1 Global Citizen campaign-in-a-box toolkit
- 1 ticket to Global Citizen: The World on Stage on September 22, 2016
- 1 ticket to the 2016 Global Citizen Festival on September 24, 2016
- A video feature created by Global Citizen to be promoted through Global Citizen channels
- Airfare and accommodations in New York
Applications have now closed