The Generation Equality Forum (GEF) is happening this June, convened by UN Women and co-hosted by the governments of France and Mexico. World Leaders and decision makers will meet to agree a vision for the future that puts gender equality at the centre.
We have a chance now to push our leaders to make the BIGGEST, BOLDEST and MOST TRANSFORMATIVE commitments to gender equality ever, but they need to hear why it’s time to #ActForEqual from Global Citizens like you.
Send us a short, informal video message following the instructions below. We want to hear your real voice! (You can even do it from your phone). Your message may be included in a Global Citizen video!
- Find a quiet location where your face is well-lit.
- Use your computer or phone to record the video.
- Make sure the video is horizontal/landscape and not portrait.
- Record a short submission - no more than 30 seconds max!
- Save your video.
- On this page click 'Choose a File', select your video, then click 'Submit'!
Complete the following phrase in your words:
Your submission can be about:
- Yourself or people in your life (ex. “Because I deserve equal pay for equal work”)
- Your community (ex. “because the girls in my community have the right to access education”)
- Your vision for the future (ex. “Because women’s rights are human rights”)”
Be as bold, honest and creative as you can be!
Top Tip: Don’t worry if you mess up! We can select the answers we need so just keep recording to get everything you want in one video — it doesn’t matter if there are mistakes or gaps!