The federal government is encouraging Canadians to take a few basic steps that can have a huge impact on the spread of coronavirus. If we all just take these simple precautions we can help slow the spread, keep Canadians healthier, and make it safer to re-open the economy.
1. Download the COVID Alert app — If you live in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador, the app — COVID Alert — can let you know of possible exposures before any symptoms appear. That way, we can take care of ourselves and protect our communities.
2. Wear a mask or face covering — Wear a mask or cloth face covering to help stop the spread of COVID-19, even if it’s impossible to always be 2 metres away from others.
3. Practice good hygiene — make sure to wash your hands, cough and sneeze into the bend of your arm or a tissue, and avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
4. Stay away from others if you feel ill — Even if local governments lift restrictions, you should still stay home if you have any symptoms.
5. Practice physical distancing — Avoid crowded places, reduce non-essential travel, keep two metres away from others, and commute outside of the busiest hours.
6. Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects — Some frequently touched objects include door handles, toys, toilets, and phones.
7. Stay home if you have a higher risk of serious illness — If you’re an older adult, have an underlying medical condition, or a compromised immune system you could be at higher risk if you contract COVID-19.
We know that people are more likely to follow these important guidelines when their friends and family do the same, so if we spread the word on twitter we can have a real impact. Tweet now and tell everyone.