2013 Global Citizen Festival - Ticket Contest rules
The 2013 Global Citizen Festival ticked contest rules are as follows:
1. The contest officially ends at 12:00 AM midnight on 16 September 2013 (EST).
2. The prize pool consists of 27,000 prizes, with each prize consisting of two general admission tickets to the Global Citizen Festival, to be held on the Great Lawn at Central Park on September 28, 2013.
3. In order to be eligible for the prize draw, contestants must:
a. register on Global Citizen (www.globalcitizen.org) with your real name and email address, and
b. earn at least 8 points on the Global Citizen platform, and
c. enter the prize draw for the 2013 Global Citizen Festival
4. Prizes draws will be drawn at the following times and dates, with winners being contacted via email within 48 hours:
a. July 30 (5pm EST): 5,000 double passes will be drawn
b. August 8 (5pm EST): 5,000 double passes will be drawn
c. August 21 (11:59pm EST): 10,000 double passes will be drawn
d. September 2 (5pm EST): 7,000 double passes will be drawn
e. September 16 (5pm EST): Re-lottery of any unclaimed tickets (all tickets must be claimed within 7 days of notification, as per these terms and conditions).
5. Only participants who have met the required minimum of 8 points and specifically entered the Global Citizen Festival prize draw on Global Citizen are eligible for the lottery. Draw dates will be published on the Global Citizen website, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
a. Participants may enter the prize draw up to six times, with each entry costing 8 points.
b. Once participants enter the prize draw, they will be eligible for all subsequent prize draws.
c. Participants will not be eligible to win more than once per prize draw entry.
6. Only persons of age 18 or older may be contestants for this lottery. Persons under the age of 18 may attend the Global Citizen Festival with the permission of their legal guardian.
2013 Global Citizen Festival - Ticket Lottery Terms and Conditions
1. This Lottery Policy applies to all of ticket contests being run for the 2013 Global Citizen Festival by the Global Poverty Project (“GPP”).
2. Specific contests may have a set of rules specific to that Competition (Contest Rules), in which case:
2.1. the contest will be governed by both this Competition Policy and the Contest Rules;
2.2. the Contest Rules will be made available on the Site;
2.3. to the extent that there is inconsistency between the rules contained in this Competition Policy and the Contest Rules, the Contest Rules will prevail; and
2.4. a person who enters a Competition agrees to be bound by both this Competition Policy and, if in effect, the Contest Rules.
3. Failure by GPP to follow or uphold this Competition Policy and/or any Contest Rules will not give rise to a claim by any person.
4. Every competition will be conducted (and a winner(s) determined) at the absolute discretion of GPP. The Judge(s) decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Entry is open to all residents of the United States of America, except:
5.1. any person who does not meet the eligibility requirements of the Competition which may be specified in the Contest Rules;
5.2. any person who does not give complete or correct registration or other details requested by GPP upon the entering of, or during the course of, a Competition;
5.3. employees, servants, agents, sub-contractors or those employed by sub-contractors of GPP and their immediate family (including, but not limited to, their parents, siblings, children, and de facto partners (Immediate Family));
5.4. any other person whom GPP deems ineligible. This may include, but is not limited to, person(s) who have previously won a prize(s) due to any Competition(s) run by GPP; 5.6 Entrants from outside of the United States of America are eligible only if they can prove via flight or hotel booking confirmations, that they will be in New York on September 28, 2013.
6. Any person, who is found to have given incorrect information when entering a Competition, is immediately disqualified from entering any further Competitions. If a person is discovered to have given incorrect information in relation to a Competition that is still running (or a winner has yet to be decided or found), such person will be immediately disqualified and/or removed from that Competition.
6.1 Such incorrect information may include, but is not limited to supplying false personal details, entering the same competition under multiple names, entering the same competition under multiple email addresses.
7. Any person who enters a Competition (an Entrant) and is awarded a prize(s), and who is subsequently deemed ineligible for that Competition due to being a person listed under clauses 5 and 6 above, may be required, at the discretion of GPP, to forfeit, return, refund, or otherwise make restitution of the prize(s).
8. Some prizes may be claimed in person by the winning Entrant (or a nominated representative of the winning Entrant) who must provide some form of official photo identification (for example a drivers licence or passport).
9. Any person claiming the prize(s) may be required to sign and endorse this Competition Policy, the Contest Rules (if any) and/or any other relevant agreements.
10. The prize(s) must be claimed within seven days from the date of winning, unless otherwise agreed or specified by GPP.
11. All prize(s) not claimed for any reason within the time frame specified in the Contest Rules (including for the reasons set out in clauses 6, 7, 8 and/or 9 above) will be deemed to be forfeited or abandoned by the winner and will be re-drawn.
12. All prizes of every Competition:
12.1. if in the form of something other than cash, are in no way redeemable or transferable for cash, and may not be sold. If tickets are posted on any unauthorized platform, they will be cancelled;
12.2. must, where applicable, be used on the dates specified;
12.3. are not the responsibility of GPP, including if they are defective or ineffectual in any way, the extent permitted by law. This extends to any loss, damage, expense or injury suffered (including that which is indirect or consequential) as a result of, or in connection with, the acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of the prize(s); and
12.4. are subject to any other condition or stipulation given by GPP, including, but not limited to, those provided in the Contest Rules.
13. The prize(s) include only the costs and expenses directly given as being part of the prize(s). Any relevant cost(s) associated with, consequential to, and/or resulting from the acceptance and claiming of the prize(s) are to be covered by the winner. This includes all relevant taxes and charges associated with the acceptance, use and/or ownership of the prize(s).
14. All Entrants to the Competition(s) (including any subsequent winners):
14.1. agree to (if required by GPP at any time) to engage in a photo, video, film and/or radio session, or any other form of publicity for GPP (unless the Entrant specifically requested to retain their anonymity at the time of entering any Competition;
14.2. agree to the broadcasting or other publicising of an Entrant's name, character, statements, voice recordings or any other information regarding the Entrant, in any advertising or promotional activities concerning a Competition or Competitions of GPP in general. This includes the use of a winner's name to disclose that they have won a Competition; and
14.3. agree to allow GPP to use in any reasonable manner as they see fit, any materials submitted in connection with any Competition, whether in written, electronic, visual, audio and/or any other form). Such materials (and all Copyright in them) become(s) the property of GPP and the Entrant waives all moral rights it may have in such materials.
15. The entrant consents to the use by GPP of the entrants' details and acknowledges that GPP, may, at its discretion disclose and use those details for the purpose of providing you with goods or services, communicating with you, planning, research, product and business development and sales, the promotion and marketing (whether target, direct or indirect) of their businesses, services or products or those of a third party which we believe may be of benefit to you. The details will also be used to investigate complaints, as required or permitted by any law, to enable GPP to perform its obligations to you under this or any other agreement and to ensure that you perform your obligations under this or any other agreement.
16. If you do not want the details to be used for the purposes stated in clause 14, please write to us at email@example.com and GPP will ensure that the details are not used for that purpose.
17. Any problem that is directly or indirectly related to the running of a Competition, which may affect the outcome of a Competition and/or the determination of any winner, whether a result of technical or other problems or difficulties of GPP, its affiliates, the Entrant, or any third party, GPP will not be responsible and may also disqualify any Entrant to whom the above is relevant and may also award the prize to any other person. Such disqualification or allocations of prizes are at the absolute discretion of GPP.
18.GPP may amend or change this Competition Policy and any Contest Rules, at any time without notice.