October 10, 2013
Two Percent Industry Pledge – let’s keep the pressure on condom companies!!
poverty, birth mortality, children, environment
Click here to tweet at condom companies to take the Two Percent Industry Pledge!
Thank you Global Citizens for calling on condom companies to make a commitment to further international family planning efforts.
Global Citizens took over 50,000 actions calling on leading condom companies to sign the 2 Percent Industry Pledge to help support the 222 million women around the globe with an unmet need for contraception.
Thanks to your actions, we have had the following responses:
· Naked Condoms committed to donate 2 million condoms to Uganda and give 20% of all future profits to family planning initiatives
· ONE committed to invest 2% of all profits to projects in aid of girls and women and to partner with the It Takes Two campaign
· WomanCare Global committed to donate 100,000 soft cups with a value of $250,000
· The Female Health Company renewed their commitment to invest $14 million USD over the course of 3 years for family planning efforts and donate 5% of all products, as well as partner with the It Takes Two campaign
· L Condoms commited to providing 1 free condom for every condom sold to regions where women need contraception the most and donate 100,000 condoms to Swaziland – the region with the highest HIV/AIDs prevalence in the world
The movement is truly building, but we still need the commitment of major companies to create a significant impact.
Today, we ask you to keep the pressure on Trojan, Lifestyles and Durex by tweeting the below and a photo of yourself with your favorite brand of condoms.
Click here to tweet for condom companies to take the Two Percent Industry Pledge!
Take all 10 of the Global Citizen Festival actions – Click here to return to www.globalfestival.com