Thank you Global Citizens for calling on condom companies to make a commitment to further international family planning efforts.
Global Citizens took over 50,000 actions calling on leading condom companies to sign the 2 Percent Industry Pledge to help support the 222 million women around the globe with an unmet need for contraception.
Thanks to your actions, we have had the following responses:
· Naked Condoms committed to donate 2 million condoms to Uganda and give 20% of all future profits to family planning initiatives
· ONE committed to invest 2% of all profits to projects in aid of girls and women and to partner with the It Takes Two campaign
· WomanCare Global committed to donate 100,000 soft cups with a value of $250,000
· The Female Health Company renewed their commitment to invest $14 million USD over the course of 3 years for family planning efforts and donate 5% of all products, as well as partner with the It Takes Two campaign
· L Condoms commited to providing 1 free condom for every condom sold to regions where women need contraception the most and donate 100,000 condoms to Swaziland – the region with the highest HIV/AIDs prevalence in the world
The movement is truly building, but we still need the commitment of major companies to create a significant impact.
Today, we ask you to keep the pressure on Trojan, Lifestyles and Durex. Sign the petition on the top right of the page to show your support.